blynham

BM KEYS. Any good?

Seen that BM Keys have been mentioned a lot on here. Has anyone bought the Bentley flip style key and are they any good? Only got the one key and don't really want to go through a main dealer. Work for Land Rover so know how stupidly expensive keys are. :lol:

i have one about a year and its been great although i havent used it for the last 8 months, i posted a few pics on here somewhere

Dave just gets bored and buys stuff :thumbsup:

Yeah i got a key battery replaced and a new key for £70.

He even did a bit of coding for me!

Couldnt recommend him enough!

I had a new standard case with a new battery in Sept 2013 and it's just died, battery has lost it's ability to hold a charge. Going to split it open to confirm 100% and if it has I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a genuine key from BMW.

The standard replacement style defo rechargeable as per BMW?

I'll find out at the weekend Trevor, will split it open to see what the voltage is after I've double checked my FZV module. It's been working brilliantly until I didn't use the car for 10 days, have driven it about 180 miles since and it'll open the car just not lock it but only once after a half hour drive. with my luck and this car at the moment it'll be another issue and not the key LOL

I'

i never used my bentley style key for 8 months and that still worked fine

I'm hoping it's something else.

Ben at BMkeys is a great guy, but my non Bentley key fell apart so I glued it back together, and I've had to replace the battery twice as is a non rechargeable battery, fun when you glued it back together ..... You get what you pay for though ......

Edited by The_judge aka Suf

Ben at BMkeys is a great guy, but my non Bentley key fell apart so I glued it back together, and I've had to replace the battery twice as is a non rechargeable battery, fun when you glued it back together ..... You get what you pay for though ......

Cheers mate, I wont bother splitting mine open and just buy a proper key from BMW rather than piss money away, to hear they aren't re-chargable is a joke.

LOL I've just managed to open up the key from BM keys with my finger nail, no glue present.

On the battery it does state rechargable so tested it and it's got 0.86v left of it's stated 3.6v capacity, now its open I will change the battery myself