StuBeeDoo

Coloured wheels..... "Scene"?

I think you two better get down maccy d's :lol: . . i think people need to realise different colour wheels look good against different cars/colours. You cant make a statement & say black wheels looks s**t , white wheels look s**t . .

While a fair point, black wheels don't always look that great for two reasons. 1) The colour often loses definition on certain design features of wheels, so it makes them look less interesting; 2) They often get mistaken for steel wheels when moving.

I did black wheels on my Astra and they weren't too bad, loved them at the time, but when I look back on them, I can see that style wheel does look better in a lighter colour.

I actually don't mind some different colour combos. The colour has to match the style of wheel IMHO and that overall combo has to go well with the look/colour of the car it's on.

I just dislike the whole "Scene" hipster thing. It's like people don't have the mental capacity to explain why they like something on a VW so they just started calling it "Scene" when everyone started copying it. I suppose it's as good a collective noun as any for people who copy other people's styling ideas on their German cars and have very little original styling idea or thought of their own.

I class people who use the word "Scene" as an adjective in the same category as those who refer to things as "dope" whilst also brandishing a fist with the forefinger and little finger extended. They sit comfortably next to Burberry- and Kappa-wearing remedials who tuck their pants into their socks and exagerate the bob oftheir head and shoulders left and rightas they walk...

I think you two better get down maccy d's :lol: . . i think people need to realise different colour wheels look good against different cars/colours. You cant make a statement & say black wheels looks s**t , white wheels look s**t . .

I can make a statement saying white wheels look s**t if that's what I think, doesn't matter what colour car they're on. Doesn't mean it's right though, purely my own opinion. No offence intended to Feva, Chimp or anyone else with (or had) white wheels, it's their car their choice ;)

Do I think coloured wheels are 'scene'? Nope, far too individual as no two are ever really the same.

Edited by CharlE46

That's the one devil and yep it looked s**te.

Je suis Charlie

Indeed that certainly is the one, you just know when some things will look s**te, and it amazes me why people don't listen.

The rest look utterly gash (this includes white) and should be left on the Saxo's etc down the local Maccy D's :lol::lol: [emoji14] [emoji14]

Do I qualify.

313234c23ea35b22b0586aa0ec2bc3f1.jpg

20141221_103942_zps58378110.jpg

Erm........yes :)

BeforeRoadtrip1_zps23937a88.jpg

I think you two better get down maccy d's :lol: . .

I'm Lovin it

OK, keep the opinions coming.

.....And now I'll tell you the real reason I started the thread. I had always connected "scene" with things LGBT-related - nothing to do with cars at all.

Therefore, are coloured wheels (as in;- not a shade of silver/grey) gay??

Edited by StuBeeDoo

The rest look utterly gash (this includes white) and should be left on the Saxo's etc down the local Maccy D's :lol::lol: [emoji14] [emoji14]

Do I qualify.

313234c23ea35b22b0586aa0ec2bc3f1.jpg

Erm........yes :)

BeforeRoadtrip1_zps23937a88.jpg

I think you two better get down maccy d's :lol: . .

I'm Lovin it

And to think we have the North East meet in the local McDonald's car park as well :)

So true. And we get to witness some awesome fence crashing action in the process. What more does a meet need

....... But some attendees need to get up earlier in the morning or they'll miss the spectacle. :rolleyes:

So true. And we get to witness some awesome fence crashing action in the process. What more does a meet need

....... But some attendees need to get up earlier in the morning or they'll miss the spectacle. :rolleyes:
You wouldn't think I live close [emoji2]

I was plenty warm with my coat on. Feva saves the day for Chimp iirc. Mind you I've never seen a [emoji205] shiver.

Je suis Charlie

Edited by feva

Personally, I don't like black wheels on cars - unless you can keep it clean always and go hard with the tire gel/shine haha!

What does 'scene' mean anyway...? We've all seen colour schemes that work and some that don't.

I don't like black wheels the same way I don't like the black on black look - this is obviously my opinion and not factual :)

Personally, I don't like black wheels on cars - unless you can keep it clean always and go hard with the tire gel/shine haha!

Phew that's me off the hook then. As I am a bit of a clean freak.

Je suis Charlie