MILLER_102

Porsche Calipers

Yeah, benny2097 has done the front on his.

Edited by My Car Still Hates Me!

Is it worth doing? If you want better brakes, get better pads.

If you want better brakes u need an upgrade... even the standard brakes on my M3 and any m3 are dissappointing.

I bet it looks awesome behind the wheels as well

Is it worth doing? If you want better brakes, get better pads.

If you want better brakes u need an upgrade... even the standard brakes on my M3 and any m3 are dissappointing.

Sure, but it's the pads. Chuck a set of RS29s on there with some decent fluid. You should only need more than that if you're on track, racing.

I fitted db 9s to my 330 with standard 330 discs.

Fitted under 17s cheap for replacement discs pads are same as range rover .now got them fitted on the Ro.

Great mod....less fade...better pedal feel and cool brownie points.....way better than a pad and fluid change

I fitted db 9s to my 330 with standard 330 discs.

Fitted under 17s cheap for replacement discs pads are same as range rover .now got them fitted on the Ro.

Great mod....less fade...better pedal feel and cool brownie points.....way better than a pad and fluid change

Who made them fit? ;)

Mine-

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/55243-cozy-new-member-330d-e46-touring/?view=findpost&p=813089

Edited by cozy

I have mine fitted with genuine m3 csl discs so no machining of caliper just needed brackets and brake lines very easy to fit took me about an hour to do both sides and bleed brakes.

I had some 996 turbo brakes on my mk4 golf gti with r32 didiscs, really simple cos brackets are machined to fit both the original hub and caliper, and stopped on a six pence, absolutely awesome!! IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0015-1-1.jpg

Rich or anyone else got the info to get these done.?

What's needed to do it...

You need calipers 996.351.425 and 996.351.426 (Boxster S fronts/also various other prosche models), should be able to find a set on ebay.

i picked up a set of brackets and hoses from creation motorsport, if you want to run standard M3 discs you will need the calipers machining or CSL discs for a straight fit,

choice of pads is up to you, and you may need spacers depending on what wheels you run.

Edited by Rich330ci

Thanks Rich.

Really appreciate it.

You done rears as well.

Wonder if it gets confusing with mine being a 320...?

Should ya second part number be 426 not 416?

Edited by Trevor

M3 CSL discs are £300 a pair

Porsche calipers about £350 a pair on ebay

Plus new carriers and pads.

Maybe new hoses

You're approaching the price of an off the shelf kit, not Brembo, but still a decent kit.

Look in the for sale section,vmaxx 4 pots with 330 grooved two part rotors and stainless flex pipes and brackets fit straight on,red lettering gone look just like brembos,s,save your self a lot of messing about

I got my db9 for 200

Original discs..although new are 80 a pair

Brackets were 100

Hoses 50.

New pads 40.

And I've kept my brackets in case I go back to a Bmw and the guy who made my new ones has a template on case anyone wants any making

Has anyone have a breakdown of the cost of fitting the porsche brakes? Trying to make a decision.. spotted a set of Ap's but not sure if they are worth the money