Todd1983

Budapest.....anyone been?

Tomorrow 19 of us set off for my best mates stag do, anyone been? We've been warned to not let any girls take us to any clubs, or prepare to get fleeced lol.

Any experiences?

98d36d405075d063124c324263f2b370.jpg

On the Monday we're gonna go fire some machine guns and rocket launchers before heading home lol

Edited by Todd1983

Tomorrow 19 of us set off for my best mates stag do, anyone been? We've been warned to not let any girls take us to any clubs, or prepare to get fleeced lol.

Any experiences?

On the Monday we're gonna go fire some machine guns and rocket launchers before heading home lol

Don't let them take you to any club or don't let them sit at your table. Whatever they order goes on your tab mate, and they tend to order the expensive stuff. My mate has been a few times and once he got screwed like that.

Besides this, enjoy! :thumbsup:

Edited by troublesome84

Went on a Rally, 13 of us ended up in a strip bar, great sales pitch from the owner outside, once we where in couple of guys had a dance each, we all had a beer each went to leave and where then given a bill for 4k! Obviously we said f**k that, at that point it turned nasty and 8 guys the size of Arnie came down the stairs and took us one by one with a gun in our back to the rigged cash point outside and made us all take the maximum cash possible out, we eventually got back to the hotel where 3 other groups on the rally had similar experiences, at that point all 80 cars in the rally decided to leave the s**t hole of a country, the next morning many of us went to fill up at the petrol station, went to pay only to find out all of our bank accounts had been cleared out! If I had a bomb id blow the f**king corrupt country up!...

Edited by L17MRL aka Michael

Went for a week with the Missus in 2011, just the two of us.

No problems as I'm street wise, few tried and were told to f**k off.

You need to watch out for bogus ticket inspectors, who will tell you

your ticket is not valid and you must get off the train or tram, as soon as you do, a few

of their mate who look "official" will ask you to pay 100 euro fine, but if you pay

by card on their machine it will be reduced to 50 euros...Ye right..I'm 6' 4" and 16st

with a black belt in Taekwondo and instruct at the Martin Ace academy.

They only ever tried to "frog march me to a cash dispenser once"..!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah, we had no trouble while there, except some taxi drivers refusing to take English. That didn't go down well with our Irish friends, lol.

Like Whackey Will above, i can handle myself and can spot a scam a mile off. As long as you keep your eyes open, you'll be safe.

We thought the same about Scams and don't get me wrong, coming from where I grew up I am as street wise as they come, but when your faced with what we faced with your gonna do exactly what they ask, most people would with a gun in their back.

I was the smallest in our group with everybody else where big guys the fact is size is no option when a bullet is part of the somebody else plan....

Just keep your wits about you, looking at your booking sheet your going out with rep and I'm sure it will be fine, have a great time and keep safe! Check the prices of beer before your purchase it, if not they can charge what ever they want!

Lovely city, lots to see. Everything seems to very slightly decrepit (years of no maintenance on the infrastructure)! I felt safe in most places but the "ladies of the night" were irritatingly brash and persistent, well the ugly ones were anyway!

Lovely city, lots to see. Everything seems to very slightly decrepit (years of no maintenance on the infrastructure)! I felt safe in most places but the "ladies of the night" were irritatingly brash and persistent, well the ugly ones were anyway!

I thought Las Ramblas in Barcelona was worse for "working girls". They were like stalkers!

We thought the same about Scams and don't get me wrong, coming from where I grew up I am as street wise as they come, but when your faced with what we faced with your gonna do exactly what they ask, most people would with a gun in their back.

I was the smallest in our group with everybody else where big guys the fact is size is no option when a bullet is part of the somebody else plan....

Just keep your wits about you, looking at your booking sheet your going out with rep and I'm sure it will be fine, have a great time and keep safe! Check the prices of beer before your purchase it, if not they can charge what ever they want!

We went to a Mongolian BBQ. All you could eat and drink for ~£15......that was a long night!

Oh and one more thing mate. Leave cards in safe place, take cash only. Might save you the troubles of being robbed of everything at once. But as said, by any means enjoy and have fun! It's the nature of the capitol cities that they are a bit more dangerous.

I would be more inclined to empty your account of everything except what your willing to spend/have taken from you at gun point. I expect someone that's willing to frog march you to a cash point at gun point could get a little pissy if you only had cash on you!!!

I'm going with 3 other mates at the end of October. Really looking forward to it. Hoping to just have a few beers and do the touristy thing to be honest. Thermal spa's and do a gun experience. From what people have said it sounds scary, we were warned when we went to Prague, and other than some bloke trying to unhinge my camera rucksack from my back, who ended up sniffing his own ear after I had punched him, it was all very good.