rickyh147

Any info on these Angels?

Doesn't mention that they are colour changing on the eBay advert that I can see? But I'd only ever have them the "normal" colour of course. I prefer the full ring ones than those that are cutoff at the top, are all the CCFL ones like that or do they do full ring ones too?

Ah my bad, i saw they had a remote and made an assumption. I believe they do come in the full rings, i had a pre-facelift so they all had a cut off at the top where as all the facelift like your ones are a full ring.

Yeah thats right, ah i see. Thats easy enough to do, i have made a DIY on how to do it without one of their kits. Helps if you handy with electrics though.

Plus theres plenty of people on here who can help

I had the exact same set on mine. During the day they look really nice. The rings come out nice and clear but at night they are absolutely horrible. All you see is a nasty blur from the headlight. No definition at all. I was going to put a resistor in so they're dimmer but I ended up damaging one of the rings and only half of it would light up. Now I've disconnected them but the ring itself still looks good sitting in the head lamp. When it comes to fitting them don't bother using the sticky pads. Buy yourself some clear silicone and get them stuck properly. You really don't want to keep having to split the head lamps apart over and over again to sort them out. Other than the the build quality of them is really good but the rings aren't the strongest things in the world so handle them with care. Oh and mine only had 3 months warranty. He wanted a tenner to replace a ring. The ebay advert picture is the same so not sure whether I got them from the same person.

Hmm thanks.. Yeah I think I see what you mean about the lack of definition. On one of the sample pics on the ebay ad it looks that way but I just presumed it was a poor quality picture they'd took. Kinda puts me off them now to be honest.. you need that definition, that's kinda the idea!

So what do people reckon is the best option to go with? Are CCFL the best way or is there another decent brand around that won't hit me in the pocket. I don't mind paying for quality but don't wanna spend too much, and like I say I prefer the full circle rings if being picky.