RizlaChris

Ebay DVD/Bluetooth screens

If you're going for one, get the same one that Chimp has. I'm pretty sure Dennis will be along soon to say that ALL Chinese units are rubbish, and to always buy a premium brand because you'll either receive a faulty unit or it won't last long if it does work. But in all honesty, I haven't seen one single complaint about the one Chimp has.

Hi guys just saw this.

Rizla there are so many out there I understand your concern. Best thing to do is list your requirements in order of priority and go from there.

I've had my vert over 5 year now and have tried and tested various units with different levels of success.

I currently have this and love it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231256035081&alt=web

It ticks all the boxes and more for me, ideally as it's a UK seller and has a 2 year warranty.

As it's android you can pretty much customise as you want. There is also a thread on XDA-Developers site that's nearly a 1000 pages now and to be honest they have provided a mass of updates to the unit.

Shout if you need any advice and I'll help where I can.

20141221_103942_zps58378110.jpg

chimp a lot of the china ones are the same I have the erisin android has everything on it internet/tv/dvd/Bluetooth/diagnostics/card slot/satnav. pretty everything you can wish for in a system plus can add camaras front and back add amps and has charging system for phone and a lot more..

If you're going for one, get the same one that Chimp has. I'm pretty sure Dennis will be along soon to say that ALL Chinese units are rubbish, and to always buy a premium brand because you'll either receive a faulty unit or it won't last long if it does work. But in all honesty, I haven't seen one single complaint about the one Chimp has.

Xzibit.png

All the chinese replacement units are manufactured to the 'low quality/generic' end of the range for when it comes to internal components and electronics. This is done because generic electronics when sourced en masse are very cheap and their batch success rate is significantly lower when compared to high quality alternatives. So the 'risk' is quite high that faulty, non working or become faulty over time unit's being sold to customers. 'Some' units come out working well according to their purchasers, which is great! other purchasers of the same unit have often been left with a lump of junk. If the Erisin unit has much better reliability amongst the chinese units, then this is 'good news' in terms of choice for anyone wanting a chinese replacement.

From the link from Chimp Choker above, the 'seller information' shows up in Chinese. There doesn't seem to be a 'UK address' or phone number. This leads me to believe there isn't 'actually' a UK presence at all. The fact they say they work to Hong Kong time is indicative that the 'seller' isn't a UK one too, along with the badly worded (read translated) T&Cs. In the event of having to claim on warranty, it 'looks like' the purchaser would have to pay the cost of return to Hong Kong - I'd estimate that to be around £50 for insured courier. Remember, sellers based out of the UK are NOT bound by UK law for retailing and that means extra risk for the UK based purchaser.

I'll take another skim/read over the Xda developers thread again, I've got the link bookmarked, and as it's obviously got a group of users who are using it and doing the R&D and development work to make the hardware function better, it sounds it's making the best of the potential issues the unit could have. It looks like that whenever a chinese unit is mentioned by a UK BMW owner, then the 'best' choices currently are the Dynavin N6 and potentially, this Erisin unit - so 'maybe' in the near future, a genuine UK registered company, with a UK phone number and geographical address will begin to be an 'Official UK Erisin stockist & dealer' ?!!

Cheers, Dennis!

Hi

Jay - Yes, I'm aware of that! there's been a few other 'actual' UK based sellers of various chinese replacement head units and quite a few who 'claim' to be in the UK. Most of them have now 'gone' as well, it's not hard to work out why !

Cheers, Dennis!