Jay.

e46 m3 vert or e93 330i m sport?

haha, i know what you mean. one owner whos had it from new is more likley to respect the car & have spent the most keeping it in good nick,.

phoned up about it, its been into BMW for replacement wings under warranty, its got conti's all round & has had the wheels refurbed in anthracite. Gonna have a look into santander loans. £11068 to pay back to borrow £10k over 5 years

Im already thinking about this one too and iv only had my 330 6 months :o

if i was going for a e93 i would go 335i :thumbsup: yes the turbos "MAY" be an issue but if they do fail just think, you can single turbo covert it with a big ass snail!

but then again an m3 is ... well its an m3!

go for an m3 :thumbsup:

my dads gf has a 330ci 57 plate and it doesnt feel any quicker than mine ! ... maybe because its auto ...

Sam, did you ever have any engine issues with your Z4M?

only thing aside the subframe is the engine which is not the most reliable thing in the world from 'teh internetz' but i cant comment personally having never owned an S54!

i've only had my (current) 330 3 months Josh :lol:

i cba with them going wrong which they inevitably will!

Personal preference Mike, i think they look badass especially with the roof down.

ill be keeping mine till next year anyway, should have the option to insure an m3 by then :thumbsup:

insurance for an m3 for me next year is about £500 more than a 335 :o

Sam, did you ever have any engine issues with your Z4M?

only thing aside the subframe is the engine which is not the most reliable thing in the world from 'teh internetz' but i cant comment personally having never owned an S54!

It kept bouncing off the limiter? :thumbup:

No, but we owned it 4 months...

Part of the reason we sold it, was because of the potential big bills. If you spend money on an M, you need to be able to run it!

I want it back though, a year on and I could easily afford it. Why didn't I keep it.

Warranty runs at £80/month from what I've read. And it won't cover half the things.

When we looked, we ensured it'd had brakes and a service recently, as it's 2 consumables that cost a lot.

Only you know what you can afford.

Jay don't worry about something that might never happen mate. They don't just go bang, I wouldn't worry about it. If s**t happens, there's a network of helpful people on here, bmwowner, m3cutters who will point you in the right direction meaning repair bills aren't what they are to most people who enter into BMW on a recovery truck with an open wallet, and a jar of vaseline. It's like not fitting central heating in a house because boilers are expensive when they break down.

You know the score anyway, buy an M3 with recently replaced brakes and tyres, subframe recall completed, and the updated crank arrangement that came with the facelift and enjoy it. Services are hefty but if it's had an inspection 2 recently, you're hassle free for a couple of years.

It's finding a decent colour combo, in reasonable fettle for less than £10k that's becoming more of a challenge by the day.

I think E93 personally. Or an evo 8 if you want something fast ;) lol

Edited by das_flo