rasa

bmw scanner are these ok

as title,ive tried to download discs etc and cable from bmcables but could not get anything to work properly,kept getting a failed message when hooked up to car,sent back for refund,so my question is,are theses satisfactory for reading codes ie pdc,airbag etc and resetting. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Diagnostic-Fault-Code-Scan-Tool-Car-Reader-Scanner-OBD-1-OBD2-OBI2-Interface-/320993390011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4abcb26dbb.i also would use this when i go and test drive either a 335d coupe se or a 330d m sport 4dr,whichever i fancy at that given moment,anyone tried these for a hands on experience

Edited by rasa

Is this what you had before? (I think BMcables is the full INPA suite?)

If not, this is much cheaper, and are more than adequate for most things.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scanner-For-BMW-1-4-0-Programmer-V1-4-Diagnostic-Scan-Interface-E38-E39-E46-/200968319323?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ecaa5315b

It won't give you a visual read out of what the PDC sensors are reporting though, nor does it give real time engine monitoring (boost levels etc.). It will let you code stuff using tick boxes though :)

Is this what you had before? (I think BMcables is the full INPA suite?)

If not, this is much cheaper, and are more than adequate for most things.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scanner-For-BMW-1-4-0-Programmer-V1-4-Diagnostic-Scan-Interface-E38-E39-E46-/200968319323?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ecaa5315b

It won't give you a visual read out of what the PDC sensors are reporting though, nor does it give real time engine monitoring (boost levels etc.). It will let you code stuff using tick boxes though :)

yeh i had the bm cable with full inpa and all the rest but i just couldnt get it to work,they even sent me updates or whatever but still nowt,just a message saying fialed data transmission,just looked at what you linked,how does it work,do you have to use any discs and how do you see the codes if any etc,will the on e i posted a link too read and detect which parking sensor is a t fault,another thing, what exactly is d-can protocol

Edited by rasa

well, the first scanner is only a scanner that can only read and clear fault codes, the second link is a cheap cable scanner that is able to do some basic coding (expect erase DTCs), i will go for second one with unlock version

Edited by Dave1987

Rasa - where in the UK are you based?

I've just got cable, all software including ipna and dis and all loaded onto my laptop from a top guy in North East.

I've plugged it into my car and managed to read the fault codes as a starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive got one of those c110 scanners off ebay for me it works well but i only need something to read codes and clear faults ( worked on all three e46's ive tried it on, one been with an adapter cable for a OBd1 under the bonnet ) i also first bought one of the bmcables and couldn't get it to work i think it was a bit to advance for me rather then not working

nah,its ok,c110 scanner ok for now,ive got no intention of frazzling my brains over tekky stuff,ive got enough on my hands trying to get back down to scratch(golf) f**kin wind this year is making it hard