Sam

BMW UK Sourcing an original E46 Saloon for photoshoot

I've got the same unit in my e90 mirror it's for the auto full beam sensor. Switch lights to auto (enable main beam assistance in car settings) push light stork forward and it puts main beam on and the car senses other car coming the opposite direction and also when you come up on other car from behind and it then dips main beam, once past automatically puts main beam back on.

Edited by feva

shame they didn't offer an m3/m4 seeing as this is you doing them a favour! (presuming your not getting a fee for this) it wouldn't be anything for them to loan you a decent motor, still, glad your happy with it

Love it, "once past", cos you know you're going to overtake!

Well it is a BMW Sam and we all know that means you own the road. [emoji57]
i know! Move the feck out of the way, BMW coming through!

shame they didn't offer an m3/m4 seeing as this is you doing them a favour! (presuming your not getting a fee for this) it wouldn't be anything for them to loan you a decent motor, still, glad your happy with it

Finally someone agrees with me! Lol

No, there's no fee or anything involved. Just a straight car swap. Considering that I'll have to pay for any long term I'll effects to the car (say they over rev it or take it for high speed driving) - I thought surely an M3 at least? I'd take an i8 though.. If that's all they had I mean.. :)

So got a call today from the ad agency to say that they're sending my car back to me tomorrow. "Unfortunately" they won't be using it for the shoot as "it's not finished to a high enough standard".

No sh*t Sherlock! You can tell that from the pics I posted! lol.

Apparently the other cars selected for the older models are all proper show quality cars. Wonder why they selected mine then?

They've sourced another (not sure if it's through this forum or not) so that's it, the F30 turd is going back tomorrow!

Can't wait to get my car back tbh.. :)

Well, that was a bit of a waste of time! lol

What a shame. Not aware of it being from this site. I also can't see a E46 saloon being a 'show car'. older ones are worth keeping but E46's don't work as 'classics' and I don't think they ever will.

Oh well.

Exactly Sam.

Unless they had one in stock themselves all along I can't see them finding an absolute minter anywhere. If they did, begs the question why they even asked for one?

The only E46 close to becoming a classic and WORTH restring (in my opinion ofcourse) is an M3. A normal facelift Saloon? LMAO!! ( don't use LMAO often either).

Yeah suppose I got to rag a new car for a while.. Although that was only occasionally too because when I picked it up, then last Wednesday and again on Saturday just gone the damn car threw up an error saying the TPS system had failed!! The car had 50miles on the clock when I got it and the TPS system failed?

I actually complained as i've got a 4month old daughter. What if the tyre got a puncture while I was out and the TPS decided to throw a fit? What if I was a way away from home?

Me and the wife had been planning to take the little one out today but we cancelled it over the weekend when the TPS error came back the 3rd time. We were meant to go to Chester Zoo so quite a way away.

I never got any breakdown info or anything so I would've been stranded with a 4month old baby had it happened again! Not best pleased tbh..

If it's my own car it'd be under my own insurance/breakdown so not an issue..

Oh well, doughnuts and burnouts this evening it is! :P

Wonder why they wanted a saloon when the first three are coupes.

Guessing it might have been to make the newer ones look better.

Can't answer in respect of the E36, but the E21 was only ever a 2-door and I think I'm right in saying the E30 was originally 2-door only.

I guess they prefer saloon as the new one is 4dr.. No point using coupe if they're going for the "evolution" of the series look..

They've got an LCI E90 there and looks like an LCI E36? Doesn't make sense to go with pre-facelift E46..

But as said before, to get a genuinely GOOD condition, standard example must be getting very difficult now. All the good ones I've seen have all been modified.

Got my car back now.. Someone will be coming later this afternoon to collect the loan car.

Thank the Lord it's all over now! Won't be doing anything like this again.. SUCH a headache!

To top it all off? They didn't even give my car a wash! Lol