bennno2005

Estoril Blue Clubsport

Got a few more job's done on the Clubby at the weekend.

First up I replaced this.

56FEE953-5577-4DB8-AD9E-0DA55634FA0C_zps

Since owning the car I've had an issue wherby if I use the boot release button the latch gets stuck open so my boot won't close anymore. So I swapped out the latch / motor and its now sorted.

Next up - after having my rear arch repaired for the second time and seeing MRyans thread I decided it would be a good Idea to underseal the inside of the arches.

Worst bit was cleaning all the crap out there was so much of it and the pressure washer only gets so much off. I then masked it off and sprayed on the underseal. Two coats and it looks miles better.

AAD1618B-6159-4CFA-B5FB-C8BED10ADABC_zps

I also did the edge of the sills as I know from experiences that these like to rust there!

5E4F4B3C-E279-4FF8-97A3-1D9CAD15459C_zps

Finally sorted my leaking rocker gasket and did the plugs too. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics :(

Finally got the tyres stripped off my spare rims so I'll be splitting these ASAP and getting them into the powdercoaters once I've been paid.

8D07C8B9-62D7-410C-B05C-642E98F22518_zps

If anyone's got any tips for splitting the rims it would be appreciated. I was going to use an impact driver but I think a better bet may be to tighten each screw slightly to break the thread lock then loosen.

I also had an advisory for a leaking shock on the N/S front so purchased these off here:

CF3168D4-DC4B-4779-A8BF-0D27F800AD88_zps

Decided I'm going to fit them with a set of Eibach Pro's. I didn't want to lower the car because I've got a very steep drive and the car does catch if I don't turn whilst going down it. I'm hoping it won't sit much lower with them on as I figure my car could well have sagged at the front with the 13 year old springs and leaky shocks that are on it now.

Hi

wow... that's looking the nuts, you've got a good car now all the bits have been done, will last you a few years..

I have the same individual nappa leather in my 325 coupe only in 'light yellow', yes the nappa is softer, very rare option and cloth/leather in clubby's. only seen that twice.

As you say, keep the silver cube trim it brightens up the black inside.

Very nice to see one restored t to standard I take my hat of to you, this guy fitted 313 performance 19's which makes it look abit more modern and he's added blue dash lights and M3 mirrors, carbon rear defuser etc, I have a set on my E90 on put them on my coupe for a day with no issues at all..

http://www.e46fanatics.de/coupe/17908-330ci-m-clubsport-individual-smg.html

Thanks for the comments guys....and yes do check your sills! Luckily the other one is perfect.

For some completely bizarre reason most of the corrosion I've had to deal with on the car has been on the drivers side - you'd have thought it would be the passenger side as that's the side that picks up crap from the verges.

Sorted another common problem with the E46's (there's a lot isn't there?)

Got sick of my navy parcel shelf so took it out - I did find it surprising just how much had to be taken out to get at it!

Anyway - bench out, seat belts unbolted, seat bolsters, interior lights, c- pillar trims, head rests, speakers, speaker grills, black plastic shroud removed and out she comes.

52F15A77-1D73-4EA5-A815-E389E5C660FC_zps

Before

F7DE7C61-CAFE-41ED-A11D-FBBA8448253E_zps

Had some of this paint kicking about - its too crap to use for anything else so I figured it would do for the shelf, no need to worry about runs when you're spraying fabric.

BFC1E2E2-1B20-45D8-AF77-F7053F3F3494_zps

After a few coats - used the whole can but probably didn't need to.

247ADE05-8C22-4603-BB2A-5A63FFD660DB_zps

Whilst it was out I thought I'd sort another niggle - I've had this little fella stuck behind the shelf since I've had the car.

091445C2-2CDB-41C7-A49C-A0378134F2E1_zps

He'd obviously been in there a while cause even his stripes have faded! I whipped out the piece of trim that it was stuck behind and pulled him out luckily there wasn't any sting left in him!

A2BE9DD5-3030-4C1A-AF73-98C560A2A8DE_zps

All back together

91ED4EB6-3DFA-4F7E-A3CC-D7454FE54808_zps

Took about an hour and a half together. It was quite warm last night so the paint dried very quickly. Shelf looks like new now. Only issue is its not as soft as it was but I very rarely stroke my parcel shelf so I'm happy.

Edited by ben.embrey

Omg I have a bug in EXACTLY the same place!!! Haha

Haha no way!

Well least you know how to get rid of it now - may as well paint your navy shelf while your at it too!

"May as well do .... while you're at it"

God how many times do us car modders say that and end up spending a fortune haha, buying new tyres? May as wheel buy coilovers whilst the wheels are off [emoji39]

Decided I'm going to whip the seats out tonight and see if I can make some more progress with installing the heated seat elements.

I've struggled finding any info on taking off the seat covers so think it will be a bit of trial and error - just hope I don't end up ruining my interior!

Wish me luck!

Edited by ben.embrey

Its got to be done really - heated seats was the one option I wanted that this car didn't come with.

I've not got to use the car until the weekend now so I've got a few evenings to do it.

Will be sure to take my time and lots of photos.

I too wanted heated seats so badly but this car was too much of a bargain to pass up but it didn't have them either :( I got to drive a few days working for Motor 4 Your Motors and loved every time a car had heated seats :P

I too wanted heated seats so badly but this car was too much of a bargain to pass up but it didn't have them either :( I got to drive a few days working for Motor 4 Your Motors and loved every time a car had heated seats :P

I also got mine fairly cheap and it came with a few other nice options including the nappa leather (which is why I didn't just buy another set of heated leathers)

If I manage to get the elements in this week the kit will have only cost me £40 all in, its only 2 stage rather than 3 but the elements I've bought are the carbon ones that heat up a lot faster than the OEM elements.

I'm planning on locating the switch in the blank panel where the lumbar button would be so it should look fairly OEM (I also think its more logical to have the heated seat controls by the rest of the seat controls rather than on the dash)

I've done the wiring (took a new switched feed from the fuse box so the seats have their own fuse) I've just got to put the elements in now and connect up which is the hard part.

If its successful I might try and put together a how to of some sort.

Edited by ben.embrey

Cheers mate.

I've now fitted the elements to the passenger seat and I put it back in last night to test and its working perfectly. So I've now got heated seat!

Going to try and get the drivers one done tonight but realistically it may be early next week before its all finished.

Also just bought a set of facelift rear lights.

My pre face-lift ones have gone a bit manky and the inners fell apart and have been siliconed back together for now so I'm looking forward to them turning up.