Craig_09

Silver Grey 320cd

330CDT - The exhaust is custom stainless from the turbo back with the first cat removed. Since the photo I have changed the back box as I thought the tips looked too big.

Will get some photos of the new tips!

Thanks Daz really transforms the interior for very little cost

Spent some £££ on my car ?

-New LUK Clutch and Dual Mass Flywheel fitted.

- 2 rear Kuhmo KU39 235/35/19 Tyres

- Paintwork.. 2x Front arches as previous X5 wheels had rubbed the inner causing the paint to flake. remove small ding in passenger door. Rear 3/4 panel had a small dent so had it repainted. Removed the mudflats so had the back bumper repsrayed to remove the "rub marks" they left behind.

She is now looking Stunning!!

Before (You can see outline of mudflap) 

155EE565-97CB-4BD5-8437-D59379FFC184.jpg

Bit extreme but I'm OCD lol

D67BD53C-0F5C-44E8-98C9-E405659C933F.jpg

Before:

55829ED3-5E2E-4F20-8190-EE1DEB3EFA6E.png

After:

53FD6D64-7D4F-4FB7-9D70-6643DE00FDEB.jpg

AE94D387-330E-423D-A597-3734A8BD89A8.jpg

873A8E13-EB10-4151-BF2A-362C03C5CAD9.jpg

Need a nice dry day to take some photos now ?

Hi DSport, heard you sold my old 330cd. What you got now?

The damage was 35mm small scrape /dent in the middle of the 2 lines above the petrol cap. The body shop guy said the best way is to use as little "colour" as possible in order for the repair to blend in. The colour was kept between these two lines and then the whole panel is lacquered! 

If the whole quarter was painted the colour could be out to the roof and the boot. 

This technique was also used on the wings so the colour match to bonnet is perfect as its original paint.

I'm very happy with the results and the inside of the wings were coated with a smooth "stone chip" to make them as durable as possible! 

Thanks 

On 30 November 2015 at 06:50:32, Craig_09 said:

Hi DSport, heard you sold my old 330cd. What you got now?

The damage was 35mm small scrape /dent in the middle of the 2 lines above the petrol cap. The body shop guy said the best way is to use as little "colour" as possible in order for the repair to blend in. The colour was kept between these two lines and then the whole panel is lacquered! 

If the whole quarter was painted the colour could be out to the roof and the boot. 

This technique was also used on the wings so the colour match to bonnet is perfect as its original paint.

I'm very happy with the results and the inside of the wings were coated with a smooth "stone chip" to make them as durable as possible! 

Thanks 

Yea I decided to sell the rear arches had 2 small bubbles on them and thought it was  time to move on to something newer, I've got an E92 320d but don't really post on here anymore it seems to have died of death, I heard the lad who bought the 330 has got rid of it already not sure why it was a cracking motor, I've herd he has moved the 330 on agian 

good work on the 320d loving them wheels get some pics up 

What a great looking 320d you have there mate, great colour, perfect height and great wheel choice, really like it.

Do you mind me asking what the paint work cost? and where you had it done? My imola needs a few bits, front wings, rear bumper and N/S rear quarter included so be interesting to know what to expect cost wise.

Thanks for the comments guys! A E92 would be my next choice as their stunning cars. How do you find the E92 320d? They seem the ideal choice but the worry of the timing belt problems put me off, is it really that common of a issue?

Rueseta - Sent you a pm regarding paintwork costs.

thanks

The e90 320d timing chain issues only effect it up to a certain age (I've got a copy of the notice about it I'll have a look and get back to you) iirc think it's up to 09.

Love mine.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Edit:can't find it, easiest way is to ring bmw with chassis number and they'll tell you straight away about if it's effected. Personally know one lad who's had his done free of charge on a 08.

2 hours ago, Craig_09 said:

Thanks for the comments guys! A E92 would be my next choice as their stunning cars. How do you find the E92 320d? They seem the ideal choice but the worry of the timing belt problems put me off, is it really that common of a issue?

Rueseta - Sent you a pm regarding paintwork costs.

thanks

There are a few on Post 90 that have had the chains done free, personally I think a big contribution to the problem is the long life servicing, I bought a 2010 59 and it's not affected, they are well worth considering 

Not really a new update as its been mapped for 2years (when my brother owned it)... Here's the rolling road figures what's people's opionon.. The "baseline test" as you will see it not the factory map.. It was generic mapped before "Got Boost" added their live map and removed the EGR, decat etc

8786C555-59E8-47A0-AAA4-E4DB53E5BC0F.jpg

E8E5F45F-CFAB-4A30-8936-C0701C9FBCB5.jpg

4C2F80F1-98A0-48BF-8892-760E17FB5928.jpg

Damo88 I had Simon from Emaps drive around 4-5 hours to come and map the 330cd as I heard he was the best.

"Got Boost" is a local company with a good reputation that can live map the car on the rolling road to get the most out of the mods. Very happy with the map on the 320cd and my mpg is excellent 

Had the MOT done last week with no advisories which is always nice. The first garage I took it to couldn't MOT it as it was "too low" :)

Had the airbag recall done at BMW this week and they commented how clean the car was.  They done a "Free Health Check" and said the car needs nothing ?

They also emailed me a video of the check which I thought was a nice touch

https://video.citnow.com/vtYzlQmrbtt

One of the hid packs went so bought a new set with AC ballasts. Took the headlight out and put the hid kit inside.. Can't stand cables on show! 

A7D50A42-75E7-47CF-A154-5FD0E58F5038.jpg

On 1 September 2015 at 19:38, Craig_09 said:

330CDT - The exhaust is custom stainless from the turbo back with the first cat removed. Since the photo I have changed the back box as I thought the tips looked too big.

Will get some photos of the new tips!

Thanks Daz really transforms the interior for very little cost

any chance you can put a video up of the sound? I'm getting a turbo back with 1st cat removed too however maybe a backbox delete, just want to know what to expect cheers