vtidaz

Another halo light question - tapping into interior lights?

Hi guys,

I'm half way through my install, everything has gone to plan but I'm wanting to have the halos fade on/off with lock/unlock. The wiring kit I have has the right amount of wire (seemingly) to reach to the specific points you need...+, ground, both lights and fuse box. The second trigger wire that connects to the interior lights just and so reaches to the top left under the hood...theres a few wires poking around there, but I've no idea what to tap it into.

Any ideas? I could run a wire through from further in the cabin where its clear which wire I need to splice, but the kit was really well put together it seems like there should be an easier place to connect it up?

Many thanks in advance,

Are they Umnitza? If so the advice I got from them was not to bother with the secondary trigger on eurospec cars.

They're not (I don't think) , I purchased before any research and got a flea bay special.

What was the reason for not bothering?

They're not (I don't think) , I purchased before any research and got a flea bay special.

What was the reason for not bothering?

Just that the guy (Matt at Umnitza) could only really develop/test the harness on US-spec cars and because it needs to feed through a very small hole to the passenger footwell, and UK-spec cars are RHD, it just wasn't worth figuring out. So that might be why it's not obvious if your harness has also been designed with US-spec cars in mind (or is in fact just a copy of the umnitza harness).

Ah I see, thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna have a go at routing a wire from the footwell lights... I do quite like the idea of remote fade on/off

I'll post up how I get on for reference

I've got Umnitza Orion V2, the harness wire for the interior lights isn't long enough..you need to extend it with more wire from a car parts shop or similar.

The hole in the passenger firewall is through the ecu box, it's all very simple.

Quick write up i did

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/22219-remote-onoff-led-angel-eyes/

Edited by DonB

I've got Umnitza Orion V2, the harness wire for the interior lights isn't long enough..you need to extend it with more wire from a car parts shop or similar.

The hole in the passenger firewall is through the ecu box, it's all very simple.

Quick write up i did

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/22219-remote-onoff-led-angel-eyes/

I must have missed this when searching, it's a pity there's nowhere in the engine bay to connect it up, the harness seems pretty decent but you would think they would give you enough wire!

Anyway thanks for that, I'm going to finish the job today sounds easy enough.

They're all usually made for lhd cars, so it's easy to get the wire thru the offside firewall when there's nothing in the way..like there is on rhd cars

Completed today with thanks to your write up, a little fiddly but a walk in the park when compared to getting the damn headlights in and out! Thanks again, now to try and wire up some kind of dimmer for when the headlights are on... The halos are hella bright, especially at night

Completed today with thanks to your write up, a little fiddly but a walk in the park when compared to getting the damn headlights in and out! Thanks again, now to try and wire up some kind of dimmer for when the headlights are on... The halos are hella bright, especially at night

You can buy a little module that wires up with the angel eyes and your headlights/indicators, means at night when you switch your lights on it reduces it to something like 60% power, also at any time you switch your indicator on it dims that sides angel eye - like the Audi/Range rovers.

This is the one I purchased (currently out of stock now) - http://www.hids4u.co.uk/daytime-running-light-drl-controller.html

I was going to refit my SMD LED's AE's but have decided I'm going to try the new COB versions which aren't as fragmented like the SMD.

You can buy a little module that wires up with the angel eyes and your headlights/indicators, means at night when you switch your lights on it reduces it to something like 60% power, also at any time you switch your indicator on it dims that sides angel eye - like the Audi/Range rovers.

This is the one I purchased (currently out of stock now) - http://www.hids4u.co.uk/daytime-running-light-drl-controller.html

I was going to refit my SMD LED's AE's but have decided I'm going to try the new COB versions which aren't as fragmented like the SMD.

I never knew such a thing exsisted, thanks I'll have a look around. The thought of messing with more wires does make my stomach turn a little but its a must as they are far too bright at night!