Bamse

Steering wheel re-trim

Was planning on getting my steering wheel re-trimmed by Jack at Royal Wheels. The problem is the bottom plastic trim part (where the M badge is) has marks on it. I think this will be even more evident once Jack works his magic on the rest of the wheel.

Can anyone suggest a way in which I can restore this part of the wheel please?

Thanks

20150417_183124_zpsypshuqn0.jpg

I would imagine vinyl wrap would be be the best way of masking this, unless you do some type of polyfill sand spray job but I'm making it up now (!)

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f91/e46-others-steering-wheel-trim-removal-vinyl-wrapping-t66089/

Would anyone happen to have a link to the vinyl wrap I would need to match my trim please?

It is the same as the one in the link kindly provided above and referred to as " carbon cube from the sport and has a cf feel to it" on the thread liked to.

Thanks

Can anyone suggest a way in which I can restore this part of the wheel please?

Take it off, rub it down with 600 w&d, couple of coats of plastic primer, then a couple of coats of Halfrauds black Plastic Bumper Paint. Job's a good 'un! :thumbsup:

Getting mine carbon dipped after holidays this as well as the rest of the interior trim

20141221_103942_zps58378110.jpg

Where are you getting it hydrodipped? im looking for someone that can do it for my interior bits
Definitely recommend the hydro dipp it's cracking when done F50DC69E-7962-4684-8833-AB898BC54E60.jpg