DWARF

MY E46 320D

Hello Everyone

Only new to the forum and got my First BMW two weeks ago and loving it so far!

its a 2002 320d SE with 98K and full service history

only pics i have so far

IMG_0192_zpsibbeccwu.jpg

IMG_0171_zpsmxrvxgxs.jpg

and resprayed my trim black but needs redone as fits bits didn't turn out and also got a new cd player

IMG_0177_zpsn4fsg7fk.jpg

thanks guys

yea i have more to come lol planning on changing the lowering springs to coilovers but not sure what kind to go for as i have

seen some at £120-£200 and then others at £350+ read soon reviews on the cheaper ones and people were saying they

are just as good as the dearer ones lol

been thinking about new alloys but as of yet i have no idea what am going for

also gonna try and get either a full leather or half leather interior

as i go along and read more threads on the site i will find more mods that i would like to do

update time!

Had a chat with jay and asked him about coilovers so i ordered the FK ones and im still waiting on them lol

anyway got myself new leather gear stick and handbrake gaiter and cup holders

IMG_0232_zps5xgnxekd.jpg

picked up a brand new HID kit with 2 sets of bulbs and E46 holders for £40 lol wasn't bad

IMG_0229_zpsfvdjsdv4.jpg

also ordered black grill and new team heko wind deflectors

IMG_0225_zpsh8n5zpgq.jpg

IMG_0224_zpsslw7vy7b.jpg

got them fitted this week and i think it looks far better but didn't fit the rear ones as they wouldn't stay in place and kept falling down lol

IMG_0227_zpsqaqefi51.jpg

before the HID kit

IMG_0230_zps9ey8j2ob.jpg

and after

IMG_0231_zpszndujd6z.jpg

with the new grill and HID fitted now looks like this :)

IMG_0233_zpss4vfaxfj.jpg

IMG_0234_zps39djl6or.jpg

that's all for now as i said am still waiting on the coilovers to land and also waiting on a fella getting back to me about 18" spiders :)

Edited by DWARF

HID kit on a non projector headlights?

I had HID kit on my previous e46 and it was non projector headlights, and it was fine, better in the night time and does look better, passed MOT with them too

I think the concern is how you might blind the people in front of you :)

As mentioned above, looks like a good base for a car. I eventually switched to the centre radio mount on mine, but if you're happy I'd leave it.

Edited by The_judge aka Suf

It's frowned upon. They don't give a good light output like the projectors, plus they can fail an MOT.

Other than that a good base mate, love the gear gators, got the same in mine.

As mentioned above, looks like a good base for a car. I eventually switched to the centre radio mount on mine, but if you're happy I'd leave it.

i wouldnt mind the center mount, do u have a link for one?

lol so much hate for HIDs

There's no hate for hid's,

There's hate for hid's done cheaply that don't really work.

Hid's are meant to be used with projector headlights that focus the beam properly and don't create hotspots that can blind other traffic.

Why on earth would you not want to do it right?

Hid's are meant to be used with projector headlights that focus the beam properly and don't create hotspots that can blind other traffic.

and what would you call right? am not being funny or anything am new to this kind of stuff so any help use give is great

this is probable why they are crap at night lol i had osram night breaker bulbs in and took them out for the HID kit starting to think that was a bad idea lol

and what would you call right? am not being funny or anything am new to this kind of stuff so any help use give is great

this is probable why they are crap at night lol i had osram night breaker bulbs in and took them out for the HID kit starting to think that was a bad idea lol

As Devil has said above this post.

To be done correctly you need to fit projector lens so the beam can be focused.

Have a search fella as there is a couple of good threads that detail how to fit projectors.

Once they are fitted you will notice a big difference in light output :)

i wouldnt mind the center mount, do u have a link for one?

I think you can only buy them from BMW. You either just buy the centre mount then you need to do a bit of DIY on the holder for your radio (like I did - http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/53098-sufs-sapphire-black-330d-sport-saloon/?p=816654) oryou buy a new cage as well. Here's a guide:

p.s. The best way to search this site is not to use the search button. Instead go to google normally and add site:e46zone.com for example: 'E46 centre mount site:e46zone.com'

Edited by The_judge aka Suf