The_Judge_

Who to vote for

So - we all got our own choice - happy to hear views. I ain't got a clue who to vote for, don't trust politicians - BUT I can't waste the vote - I gotta vote - its daft not to.

So, being a typical bloke I'm going on the one policy I care about - Tax. Any accountants/economists here? Assuming I earn a reasonable salary - would I be better off with the increased allowance from the Tories/Lib Dems - or would I be better off with no change to allowance but 10p tax band added into the mix by Labour?

Who got rid of the 10p tax band? Was it Labour or Tories?

Apparently it was Gordon Browns last act as chancellor - irony!!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/feb/14/ed-miliband-10p-tax-band

Edited by The_judge aka Suf

For me, it's UKIP. They are the only party who have had their manifesto scrutinised by independent economists and it's all fully costed. The rest of them, imho, are just pulling figures from the air depending on what their current audience wants to hear.

For me, by far, the biggest issue is the EU. We need out of the EU NOW. We have never been given an option about being in, and then when people started to complain it was then touted as a free market and that's all we were in it for. So why are we now being governed by them? Why are our borders now a free for all? It is run by unelected officials who passed a law that makes them immune from investigation or arrest. They have billions of pounds being paid to them annually yet they can't show where all this money goes, and as stated, they cannot be investigated. They are corrupt.

UKIP will give us a referendum.

Labour will not give us a referendum.

Lib Dem will not give us a referendum.

Tories have promised us a referendum in 2017.

So for me, Labour and LibDem are automatically out of the picture because they won't give us a referendum, baring in mind they are supposed to serve us but they have decided without asking us that we don't need a referendum.

Tories. So they say they will give us a referendum in 2017. A cast iron promise apparently. Anyone remember his promise in 2010?

So this is our contract with you. I want you to read it and – if we win the election – use it to hold us to account. If we don’t deliver our side of the bargain, vote us out in five years’ time''

The other problem is this.

David Cameron knows that on the first of November 2017 the EU will pass a Law that will forbid any member Nation from having a referendum. This is written in to the Strasbourg Treaty, Rule 44. So to me, this is why he is stalling on giving us a referendum. He has had 5 years to do it and he has simply tried bribing us by saying he'll give us one if we vote him in again.

I haven't finished but I need to get some stuff done lol

Edited by M3NXN

Other things to consider.

Why are we sending so much money out of the country while facing so many cuts to our services?

Why are the rest of the world bolstering their defences by increasing their armed forces and investing in new technology while our army is facing even more cuts after suffering years and years of them? Something to do with Germany (who are calling all the shots) pushing for an EU army? We are weak island now, and pretty soon we won't even be able to defend ourselves, if we even could now.

Why are our borders a free for all and why are we still being told we need to take more, when we already take more than France and Italy combined? I'm not saying we should stop all immigrants, I'm saying immigration needs to be controlled.

We have also never ever had more money out of the EU than what we have put in.

Why are our borders a free for all and why are we still being told we need to take more, when we already take more than France and Italy combined? I'm not saying we should stop all immigrants, I'm saying immigration needs to be controlled.

You're confusing genuine aslyum seekers with economic migrants and illegals.

I'd like to vote UKIP but in our constituency it would be pointless as Labour is so firmly entrenched. I definitely don't want a Labour government so I'll be voting LibDem as they are the only party who have a chance of giving Labour a kicking here.

Wor Lass's family all said they were going to vote Conservative because that's who they want running the country. I spent an entire Sunday afternoon explaining tactical voting to them (f**k me! Was that ever hard work?....) and how they need to vote against Labour and not for the Conservatives because our Conservative candidate hasn't a hope in hell (they came 4th last time!).

Tactical voting is the way forward! :)

Edited by StuBeeDoo

You're confusing genuine aslyum seekers with economic migrants and illegals.

I'm talking borders in general, given that every single foreign person who steps foot into the UK looking to live here requires food and shelter. Whether that's through claiming benefits or providing cheap labour, which then drives down the earning power of those already living here. How can a sole trader providing for his family compete with 10 men living under 1 roof who will do the work in half the time for half the price? On the subject of asylum seekers, if they have passed through perfectly safe countries who would accept them as asylum seekers, then they should be sent back to that country to claim asylum. They only come here because they know they will have it good. Which then ties back in with why we need to control our own borders, because once they have claimed asylum in the EU they are free to come here and claim whatever they like. We can't afford it.

On the subject of asylum seekers, if they have passed through perfectly safe countries who would accept them as asylum seekers, then they should be sent back to that country to claim asylum.

Bang on! :thumbsup: If you are genuine, you go to your nearest point of safety. Simples.

Just to clarify here, if we leave the EU, I wonder what would happen to import/export taxes?

I might have missed it, but have any of the parties made any treats/murmurings about Amazon, Starbucks et. al and their massive tax evasion?

As an aside - did anyone see 'UKIP: the first 100 days' on Channel4? Very, very biased, but quite thought provoking.

ukip for me we do need to stop supporting paying money out of this country like family allowance for people working in this country when there crying out for some to go back to work in there own lands.

paying eu millions a week and we don't get anything back.

I don't mind giving money to countrys that are suffering but I don't think it should be in a pot in the eu and then they have the say of where it goes.

I live in Rochdale and you don't see the coaches of foreigners coming in the day time but you go to the town hall at 3 in the morning and you see them, we have a lot coming into Rochdale.

with a lot of these foreigners aint even checked for criminal records then they do crimes here this is not applied to most of them just some of them.

we should give the british a chance this means people born here to have jobs and get our tech back into the country and not privatize it so other countrys own it .

this is my view on this so I will go ukip

I would vote UKIP but my constituency doesn't have anyone from that party standing so as much as I don't particularly want to vote Tories as not impressed with some of what they have done I won't even entertain voting labour not after a deluded Miliband won't admit that the party contributed towards putting us in a huge deficit when they were in power.

So tory vote for me.

trickey one....none of them deserve it to be honest.....I was fairly happy with labour`s stewardship of the economy from 1999-2008....much more than the tories from 1990-1997(almost lost my first house thanks to lamont/major/Clarke and the mess they made of the ERM membership)....2 days to go

Edited by Sonar Daddy

I just CAN"t vote for UKIP as whatever is at their core, they just attract racists - its like they seem to gravitate to the party.

http://leftfootforward.org/2015/02/is-ukip-a-racist-party-these-15-comments-would-suggest-so/

When there was a forum on the ukip website it was full of racist commentors. They eventually closed the forum down due to the (obvious) bad publicity, but they traced the IP addresses of the commentors and they came from Brussels. They called for an investigation and were stone walled.

I'm not a racist, I'm far from it. I believe in diversity and think it's a good thing. What I am is proud to be British. What I really want is to be proud of my country

As above - I want to live in harmony with other cultures, but for other cultures to respect our country, not take the proverbial out of it like they clearly are at the moment :)

Edited by Jay.

some of my best friends are Asians and my partner is Asian I have been called a paki in my time I don't mind this as paki in muslim means "clean" don't get me wrong im welsh but I an not racist I believe british born should have a chance and a lot of my mates(muslims) agree with this aswell we shouldn't have to pay money out to eu we should build for the people we have.

the government say about 8 billions and where are we going to get it from for the nhs I say we stop giving the eu and start paying our debt with that.

free loaders come into the country expect things like nhs/hand outs we have to pay for this.

stop letting members of foreign countrys coming and getting free nhs if they wish to have this then there country or even themselves pay for it not the british people.