Alex B

M Sport touring towbar?

I've just bought a 330d touring M Sport and want to fit a towbar, I've seen a few fitted but I can't find any available that work with the sport bumpers, does anyone know where I can find one? I'd need it to be a flange type to work with my stabiliser.

Thanks

Alex B

I think they're the same mate, I fitted one to my sport and it fits exactly the same as it came off an SE.

Underneath only, it can't been seen if done correctly

Not quite right, the OEM one has a cut out that slides off when you want to use it (I know as I had a car with it)

Underneath only, it can't been seen if done correctly

Not quite right, the OEM one has a cut out that slides off when you want to use it (I know as I had a car with it)

That's how mine is but that's for the factory fitted removable towbar, which is not the flange type like the OP says he needs because of the trailer stabiliser.

Thanks for all the replies. Yeah I need a flange type ideally, (or to change the hitch on the caravan, but I'd rather avoid that expense if possible).

I'm now looking at fixed flange types that can be unbolted from underneath the car when not in use, something along these lines:

http://towbarandtrailercentre.com/genuine-witter-bm15b-towbar-for-bmw-3-series-coupe-1999---2006-31880-p.asp

but most companies use generic photos and don't know what the actual item looks like!

Has anyone used one like this before?

Thanks again

Alex B

I've got one on my convertible it's a westfailia - if you can remove it - you can have it for free!

Sorry should have made that clear, I meant Jamie. Thanks for your offer but I'm not local and from what I've seen the convertable towbar is different to all the rest.

Alex B