Jard

330d Tuning (Decats, EGR blanks, intercoolers and remaps)

EGR delete purchased.

Unsure on which decat to order though, tube fusion or ecotune :/

Been speaking to hudsonspeed shop so hopefully in the near future il be heading over there..

Tom will treat you right ;) I'm with him next Saturday to gave this hybrid mapped and dyno'd :D

....Phone.....

What about MOT time with EGR and/or CAT removal?

Does it still comply?

Yes, because the tester doesn't remove the undertrays so he can't actually see the front cat. He'll make a note in the advisories something along the lines of "undertrays fitted" to cover himself.

I just got my 3" turbo back straight pipe, heres some images and a sound clip

http://www.enjoygram.com/m/1014837581772738442_1176409594

http://www.enjoygram.com/m/1013929748596247652_1176409594

http://www.enjoygram.com/m/1013928771205975105_1176409594

At the moment I know for a fact its very slightly quicker but I'm down on fuel economy, i suspect it needs to be mapped in. That said my PVC needs replacing too so don't know if thats having a knock on effect?

The other mods to be combined with this are a big intercooler and an EGR delete followed by a Motorsport Developments tune to 300hp.

For reference mine is the 204 hp model

sounds canny,if your into that sort of thing,fill ya boots

Egr delete pipe + tube fusion decat fitted.

A lot smoother power delivery and a nice whistle from the turbo.

Next is to gut out the secondary cat, get a eBay fmic and a live map I think..

God I hate the term 'stage' when it comes to maps and mods....uurrgghhh

....Phone.....

so do i,think its folk thinking they are going rallying ha ha

Always wise to film yourself breaking the speed limit on public roads and then upload the footage to the internet :D

yup,surprised mods have not removed it,in the dark makes it worse,if a dear or some other decent sized animal crosses into path then (toast)springs to mind,amazing what you cannot see when its dark compared to day time.

Always wise to film yourself breaking the speed limit on public roads and then upload the footage to the internet :D

yup,surprised mods have not removed it,in the dark makes it worse,if a dear or some other decent sized animal crosses into path then (toast)springs to mind,amazing what you cannot see when its dark compared to day time.

Yep.  Epic fail.

BTW, WTF is MSport2?

Yep.  Epic fail.

BTW, WTF is MSport2?

must be a new sports channel on sky.for mothers ha ha

God I hate the term 'stage' when it comes to maps and mods....uurrgghhh

....Phone.....

so do i,think its folk thinking they are going rallying ha ha

If you need a proper EGR manifold blank, I had some made up that I can send you for like a tenner with a gasket if you want. Takes about 20 minutes to fit, just does away with all the pipework as I had an EGR blanking kit but it snapped at the inlet, car ran like crap and the hot exhaust gases started melting the plastic fan shroud, not ideal!

I wanted to revive this thread and find out if Jard continued with his tuning? 

Mines been having preventative maintenance, glowplugs and relay, soon to have a major service. I need to replace my main thermostat as its lazy. I have also confirmed through INPA that I have a leaking injector so unsure whether to go new or rebuilt.

I have deleted the viscous fan and second/aircon fan and replaced it with an electrical fan that kicks in with the aircon or when it gets to 92. I also removed the large plastic cowling that sits in front of the radiator. The E90's have just a single electric fan so not sure why we cant do it. Also, this mod is popular in America where in places its far hotter. So far, no issues even in 17 degrees (hottest my area has seen this year!) although once I have a more efficient thermostat we shall see. It picks up quicker and I notice the lack of weight from viscous fan. Once I have the intercooler fitted I will modify the cowling so that it can be refitted without fowling it. I have also had a hard EGR pipe made out of stainless with a diameter of 2.25" (51mm) which is what the inlet manifold size is. Intercooler pipe wise, I dont plan to change size unless I go hard pipe but I will see how the new intercooler holds up.

Interested to see how other peoples projects are going!