Ashley1995

Ash's New F21 LCI 120d

As some of you may know I've been looking for a new daily as it was becoming harder to give my E30 the attention and maintenance it deserves.

After some thought I went into Vines Redhill and test drove the newly face-lifted 120d Auto. It didn't have the fun factor of the E30 but it did have 10x better comfort including a sensible ride height!

After speccing one to my liking and negotiations with the sales guys I walked away a happy guy although with much lighter pockets!

I did mange to the get them to throw in 5 Years/50,000 miles free servicing which they normally charge £500 for, a full tank of fuel, 8% discount and an extra £250 towards my deposit.

It still worked out a little more than I wanted to pay per month but ill be saving money on fuel, servicing, Tax (Tax is free for 2 years and just £20 a year after that!) maintenance etc.

I been told end of June to mid July for delivery.

I've gone for the following:

F21 120d M-Sport LCI in Alpine White

8-speed Automatic

Coral Red Dakota Leather

BMW Professional Media

Driver Comfort & Interior Comfort Package's

Adaptive LED Headlights

Seat Heating

I wont be doing too much modding as i don't want to void the warranty but i'll keep this updated. Just waiting for it to arrive now!

Edited by Ashley1995

You know it's cheaper to run the E30, right? :lol:

I've seen a few of these around now, and they do look better than the pre-LCI. I just hope you've got the debadge option, as they're putting them in such a stupid place now, they like a total after thought.

Didn't expect you to go for an auto, what made you chose that?

I have driven a friends GTI ( with DSG ) and its so nice, such smooth changes etc. Plus on the 120 its a new 8-speed box.

The auto's are now more fuel efficient too. Just fancied being a little lazy!

Edited by Ashley1995

Didn't expect you to go for an auto, what made you chose that?

I have driven a friends GTI ( with DSG ) and its so nice, such smooth changes etc. Plus on the 120 its a new 8-speed box.

The auto's are now more fuel efficient too. Just fancied being a little lazy!

It is the commuting car!

I know someone who has an M135i (pre-LCI) with a 2 series front end and a lot of BMW performance bits on it, it looks awesome... Have to admit the normal 1 series isn't really my cup of tea but they're still nice cars, the interiors are quite nice and it will be so much better as a daily driver compared to an E30.

I must say I never really considered a 1 series, and I didn't like the look of them. But they are so much nicer after the new facelift and really nice to drive

Well I had a call on Friday last week saying that it had left the factory and was on its way. His system was showing delivery week commencing the 20th July.

Very close now!

On the side I am knocking down and rebuilding/extending my garage this weekend so I can get the E30 in

I know someone who has an M135i (pre-LCI) with a 2 series front end and a lot of BMW performance bits on it, it looks awesome... Have to admit the normal 1 series isn't really my cup of tea but they're still nice cars, the interiors are quite nice and it will be so much better as a daily driver compared to an E30.

Iv'e think iv'e seen that on Bimmer Forums - Estoril Blue? Does look epic!

Iv'e think iv'e seen that on Bimmer Forums - Estoril Blue? Does look epic!

Yep that's the one. It's got the BMW performance buckets etc... Looks wicked. Edited by Wash

Had a call today, It's at Southampton waiting to be registered and put on a lorry to come up here. They're hoping to get it sorted today, and here in the next 2 or 3

Almost there....

I can almost smell that new leather already!

Edited by Ashley1995

Well 4:30 on Tuesday can't come soon enough, documents are signed I've taken a look and all is well. Just want to get driving it!

c619556af18f034578d7ff4ababf6820.jpg0c51ada7168054a5a420769e8f55f849.jpgf78545e37e6c0fd4ade438101c08ab0c.jpg

Edited by Ashley1995

So far I'm loving it, the comfort, the economy, the toys! It's so nice to drive and has enough power when you need it.
I am finding white is a pain to keep clean though!
1b7959ba0a8801e0c05afa4bc7a44622.jpgd566fca8241e543fa591c06b9e6dc798.jpg

Edited by Ashley1995

Looks lovely!

The pre-fl was a nice car, but it's more less awkward looking now. :thumbsup:

How's it compare to the E30? I found the 420d to be unexpectedly fast, but the steering was very lacking in feel compared to the e30/e46.