evokid

328ci Under Construction

Well I've not got my springs on yet so it is standard apart from the wheels!

I've been in a 328i with the springs on and it felt standard.

Your wheels are similar to the Dares on my Mrs'325i. I'm hoping when she feels my Eibachs she'll let me lower that too!

Kirkynut

Haha yes My wife has The 1 Series which I'd love to sort the wheels and Put sport suspension on, but I've been banned! Haha . I'm sure you'll love it once lowered, like mine just didn't look right with stock suspension. I may well go for Eibachs and Bilsteins yet. Will see how the FK's fair... Look fwd to pics when you do yours :-)

Looking good mate.

I have to admit, now mine is no more and has been replaced with my new Imola I am loving the less hasslesome ride. Getting stuck half way over a speedhump in Sainsburys car park in the topaz one was not fun! And I started to hate the ride when faced with some of the horrible UK roads.

At the moment I am leaving my suspension exactly as BMW intended on the new one. This may change of course in the summer when I fit my new wheels. We shall see........

Yours looks wicked though. Reminds me of how good my previous one looked once it was dropped - it is a great look.

Looking good mate.

I have to admit, now mine is no more and has been replaced with my new Imola I am loving the less hasslesome ride. Getting stuck half way over a speedhump in Sainsburys car park in the topaz one was not fun! And I started to hate the ride when faced with some of the horrible UK roads.

At the moment I am leaving my suspension exactly as BMW intended on the new one. This may change of course in the summer when I fit my new wheels. We shall see........

Yours looks wicked though. Reminds me of how good my previous one looked once it was dropped - it is a great look.

Thanks Ruesta, don't blame you . Mine is low but not too bad at moment, but I can appreciate the roads and bumps in this country don't make fun driving being too low! I have gone over those naff middle of the road rubber bumps ok, and I will see how it fairs. As I only paid £160 for the New FK Auto coilys, will see how they go. But can imagine eventually going for the Eibachs and Bilsteins. :-)

Looks great, nice to see the msport kit is now almost complete. Do you plan to change the side skirts too?

Looks better without the chrome window trim n'all. 

1 hour ago, Ruesta said:

Looks great, nice to see the msport kit is now almost complete. Do you plan to change the side skirts too?

Looks better without the chrome window trim n'all. 

Hey thanks Rue, already has the M3 sideskirts and mirrors :-) next up is the Cobra sport Stainless exhaust, having already had the Resonator removed! So hope it's not too obtrusive!! But should sound a bit fruitier! 

1 hour ago, Wrighty74 said:

Cool

Was looking at getting one for my 328

look forward to seeing what it looks like fitted and more importantly how it sounds and performs😎

Will hopefully get it fitted next week! I have also already had the Resonator delete done, so should be a bit fruity! 😁 Vids to follow 

It's Probably too much for every day driving with the resonator delete also! But as it's not my every day stead any more it's fab! Now get pops and burbles on gear down shift! People in garage waiting room were all saying how mean that BMW sounded!! Video will follow but don't want to annoy  the neighbours on the driveway!! 😳

Looks great. They make some great systems, I have a full system with resonator and second cat delete on my Impreza and yes it's loud but you soon get used to it. Mine is my daily driver (my 325 vert is my summer car) and although it may annoy the neighbours when I am on early shift, the sound is worth it. :D:D

Looks great that mate. Bet it sounds epic when your giving it some, can't beat that straight 6 growl. Think I'm too old for noisy exhausts now but if it wasn't my daily I might consider it.

I remember my old Celica GT4 which had a straight thru exhaust (no silencers) and a big jap style back box. Only a 4 cylinder engine mind but the pops and bangs were so addictive, and the cracking noise it made with each gear change going up the rev range was the best. Used to spit blue flames n'all :-) 

37 minutes ago, Mugs said:

Looks great. They make some great systems, I have a full system with resonator and second cat delete on my Impreza and yes it's loud but you soon get used to it. Mine is my daily driver (my 325 vert is my summer car) and although it may annoy the neighbours when I am on early shift, the sound is worth it. :D:D

Ooh Nice. You certainly get some heads turning! But the sound is very addictive! Found myself going thru tunnels and giggling like a school kid!! 

24 minutes ago, Ruesta said:

Looks great that mate. Bet it sounds epic when your giving it some, can't beat that straight 6 growl. Think I'm too old for noisy exhausts now but if it wasn't my daily I might consider it.

I remember my old Celica GT4 which had a straight thru exhaust (no silencers) and a big jap style back box. Only a 4 cylinder engine mind but the pops and bangs were so addictive, and the cracking noise it made with each gear change going up the rev range was the best. Used to spit blue flames n'all :-) 

Haha celica sounds fun, I had an MR2 Turbo Jap import, and same sort of thing. If it was my daily it would be impractical. But as a fun chariot it's great. Will post a video in next day or two. You may hear me giggling in the background! Hell i'm 43!! Pro way too old for exhausts like this ! 😁