How do people find these? I'm tempted to order one as I want to do a bit of coding but having read their feedback it doesn't look good? My laptop is only running Windows Vista if that makes a difference?

Thanks

Alex B

I bought one, had no issues.

i couldnt install it,but im not pc savvy really,

No issues for me. Had it on my Windows Vista and now Windows 8. B)

Installed nice and easily, coded everything I needed and diagnosed everything I needed fault free. Highly recommended and comes with a 1-click installer, even compatible with 64bit operating systems.

I've just bought one, in the hope it will let me re-code my injectors when i swap them out, for another set, also I'm hoping to have some wiring diagrams as well

I've bought 1 and can't connect it to my laptop????

I've just got one of these cables and i've got most of it working but I can't get GT1 working for coding can anyone help with this. I've emailed Bmcables but not heard anything from them.

I bought BM cables and can't get it working to save my life. Gave up for now and hoping a computer savy friend will help

I finally got it sorted i had to go back to windows 8.1 instead of windows 10 which I was told it would work But hey ho at least it's sorted.

I finally got it sorted i had to go back to windows 8.1 instead of windows 10 which I was told it would work But hey ho at least it's sorted.

How did you manage it mate, I've tried on my old laptop running W7 but it never got past connect cable part, I thought it was the laptop so been out and bought a new 1 (needed it anyhow!) it's running W8.1 but it still gets stuck at the same point HELP!!!

I've just got one of these cables and i've got most of it working but I can't get GT1 working for coding can anyone help with this. I've emailed Bmcables but not heard anything from them.

I sent them 5 or more emails and no reply until I told them that I would put it all over facebook and on every BMW forum! the next day I received an email from them saying my emails had gone to their JUNK BOX!!! trouble is the email only stated the same as whats on the sheet that comes with it

I sent them 5 or more emails and no reply until I told them that I would put it all over facebook and on every BMW forum! the next day I received an email from them saying my emails had gone to their JUNK BOX!!! trouble is the email only stated the same as whats on the sheet that comes with it

This is what they sent me and it worked

hi,

Are you able to check the following below

1. Check Microsoft.net Framework - can you check that you have microsoft.net framework

install on your laptop (this is a free download and a link was provided with the paper from

where to download it). This is required for the installer. Once installed run windows

updates (to update any out of date .net files) and then run the installer.

2. Reinstall Software - When you open the installer on the top left you will see a small

bmwcable icon. Right click on this and then select reset. This will allow you to reinstall the

software and this will overwrite any missing or corrupt files.

3. does the INPA program work/communicate with your car? If INPA works and DIS or SSS

dont then it is likely to be a firewall or antivirus or windows setting on your computer

preventing it from communicating as INPA is a direct connection and DIS and SSS go

through windows settings/firewalls.

Are you also able to do the following and feedback on how you have done

1. Disable Windows Firewall first

2. Go into C:\EDIABAS1\BIN and run ifhsrv32.exe (NOTE: THIS IS IN THE C:\EDIABAS1

FOLDER AND NOT C:EDIABAS)

3. Then click on the DIS button from the Launcher.

Also might be worth running the following link:

www.my-star.co.uk/BMW/BCABLESUPDATE.EXE as these will replace the files and are ( I did this and it sorted it out )

from a working system.

kind regards

Thats exactly the same email they sent me, I'll give it another go!!

what do I install first?

cable drivers or inpa or 1 of the others?