bungers

Bungers' TVR Tuscan

Always wanted one of these and with their prices rising rather rapidly, it was a now or never purchase.

Its not been used for over 3 years & has only covered 28,000 miles in total. Finished in Midnight blue with a full leather Portland & Nimbus grey interior.

I got it home Friday & started on the much needed deep clean - wheels off, cleaned & waxed, all windows cleaned & polished, whole car clay barred (the paint was rough as hell & had loads of contamination on it), coat of poor boys black hole, then a coat of natty's blue. All leather was cleaned & conditioned. It now feels/looks much better.

It's got a few minor issues (show me one that hasn't!), but I'll get them sorted soon enough. I just need to get it fully serviced up, then I can start on adding some little touches.

Not driven it in anger much but it's an absolute weapon, will definitely be a fair weather car!

96568b2ae599f4bd8afa73416b8ad51b.jpg

3a4f45b045dd6ec5e19cf46492395833.jpg

f2e5daea2a0e0028d57cebb0fb6cbcb1.jpg

6e03ab9df2687d8961f2654eabfb14c3.jpg

c5340dae10a2d67b0f1af27e1cc53657.jpg

17a83673ed52e25c0a61461cf570dd1c.jpg

Edited by bungers

I've been taking it fairly easy so far as it's been sat around for a while so want to get it all checked over & serviced up, but it's not too much of a handful so far.

I'll 'explore' a little more once I know it's all good - atm I'm driving it with the respect it deserves considering there's 0 safety features!

Hmm, not 100% on that yet, but I would say they're both as fun as each other, just in a completely different way - this thing is a fast n loud brute, whereas the 205 is more of a nimble 'twisties' car which you have to really wring out. Pressing on in this you end up doing silly speeds, but the 205 'feels' faster if you know what I mean?

I bought a Charade GTti the other day too which is an absolute riot! That should cover my 80's turbo hatch itch for a little while!

1a89a2259b65fd32200ffb63bbbf4124.jpg

What with these two & having to replace all four 21" tyres on the X5 & have its wheels refurbed, it's safe to say I'm feeling a bit poor!

Edited by bungers

Makes sense. Apples and oranges I suppose.

What with these two & having to replace all four 21" tyres on the X5 & have its wheels refurbed, it's safe to say I'm feeling a bit poor!

The heart bleeds! :lol:

I think you're slowly building up my (realistic) dream garage! (Sans x5 ;) )

Cheers Gaz, the noise is part of the drama with these I suppose! Will be getting the rear silencers removed & the end cans sleeved for a bit more unsociable antics!

Joe, I know, FWP hey!?

I've not stopped, there's a R5 Gordini that I really like, but don't fancy the castration that would follow if I bought it...

Looks like a good one, if you take the rear corner silencers off and sleeve the rear cans they can be a bit OTT for some, I think I might have a spare exhaust with that already done in the back of my garage so might be able to come to an arrangement :D Also when sleeving the rear can's don't use stainless, its too heavy and will cause the exhaust to snap, I use alloy tube in mine.

I'm currently in france with mine, they are great mile munchers, I actually ache less after doing long drive in the TVR than the E46, I took it to Hungary 2 years ago and south of france, monaco, italy and switzerland last year, only down side is it's over 100000 miles now and getting a tatty.

Love the portland grey/blue, better get some miles on it now, they can be a handful, be a little careful until you learn it :)

Cheers Paul! Guess I can do the exhaust in stages then if it's gonna be too much?

I'm hoping to do the same trip I did this year (South of France, Pyrenees, Spanish F1, Monaco then the Alps) in the Tuscan next year. Good to know they're good for big miles!