Melv1958

Damo's Coupe 330ci update - Splitters added

This things awesome mate! I just picked up a silver grey 330cd last night and looking forward to getting on with nodding. What angel eye and hid kit did you use mate? Mine doesn't have xenons just halogens and they're pants in the dark lol.

Also, what sort of job was it to split the lights? I know on the tourings and saloons the front just clips on.. is it sane on coupes or are they sealed? Use heat gun or oven to heat and split?

Cheers mate, keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot mate ?, I got the link for you, just make sure you email them first if you have projector headlights as I ordered just facelift ones and they all came the same size and the headlight projectors is a smaller ring than the big chrome one that holds you beam and side light.

Link to the angel rings from the company I got from -

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=140899229450&globalID=EBAY-GB

The Hids I've always bought £60 ones and they've always been the same so I thought I'd buy the cheap ones with ballasts and see how they are, and they are spot on, £16.29 and you want 5000k they are pure white

Hid link -

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291505714544&globalID=EBAY-GB

On the facelift projectors you have to just use a heat gun to warm up the sealant and unclip the clips and there are 2/3 little screws to take out also. Then your in the lights. If your unsure just pm Dsport (Darren) as he fits these alot so he's a wiz at them ??

Edited by Damo88

There not Ricky as if you search for angel rings they sell facelift angel rings and they are x4 same size and if you have projectors ones they are x2 large and x2 small rings

There a 3 options when buying angels, pre facelift, facelift, projectors ?? I receieved the facelift ones first and they were wrong size and pre facelift are half moon angels

Mine has projectors but I fit 4 large ones as I didn't realise there were different sizes. Bit more tricky to put the larger ones on the smaller light but it's on.. Albeit one of my rings stopped working so now I only have the two inner rings plugged in :(

Post a pic Ricky mate, there the wrong ones for yours as your going to see you chrome ring if you haven't painted it out and the projector would looks daft with a huge ring around it ?

There not Ricky as if you search for angel rings they sell facelift angel rings and they are x4 same size and if you have projectors ones they are x2 large and x2 small rings

Whether someone says that or not all E46 coupe/convertible facelift headlights are projector as the projector is the device used to output the headlight light.

What might be happening is confusion between projector and Xenon.

Projectors can be Xenon or halogen, something not all sellers understand.

I have projectors on my 530 but they are not Xenon

Easy way to tell is the light, if it has a glass dome (as yours do) it is projector.

Edited by RickyZ

Cheers damo! Take it the ones in mine are the same as yours.. They look the same to me!

28c1z52.jpg

2rxif09.jpg

Are these coupes H7? Sorry for being a noob lol. Never had to do anything with my last coupe it was already all done lol.

Cheers

This things awesome mate! I just picked up a silver grey 330cd last night and looking forward to getting on with nodding. What angel eye and hid kit did you use mate? Mine doesn't have xenons just halogens and they're pants in the dark lol.

Also, what sort of job was it to split the lights? I know on the tourings and saloons the front just clips on.. is it sane on coupes or are they sealed? Use heat gun or oven to heat and split?

Cheers mate, keep up the good work!

once the light is out there are 2 Torques to undo before splitting

Don't put the in the oven as the entire light gets the the same degree c, and I have had a customer who melted a light, use a heat gun and keep rotating it round the light where it seals, start to prise it open, the 2 round clips are a bit delicate but apart from that it's not too bad, I'm only in Queensbury if you get stuck just give us a shout

Cheers dsport! I might take you up on that when I get them lol. Unsure on the wiring too! Is it straight forward enough? When you fit the hids did you drill the hole for the wires in the back of the light? I've got the hids I'm planning on fitting them this weekend! Cheers.

Gave the car a clean yestoday, snowfoamed, wheels cleaned, 2 bucket method using autobrite purple velvet (very bubbly), dried down with Reaper towel, and wipe down with Autobrite Elegnace. wheels dressed in Autobrite Tyre gel.

Just a maintaience wash as its already had its detail, paintwork is so smooth.

All pictures natural and not edited

image_zpsttywxxck.jpg

image_zps0kmebfjg.jpg

image_zpsqq6prm9v.jpg

image_zpspoje2y1m.jpg

image_zpscunpcjjp.jpg

image_zpsu9i1nnof.jpg