daveo132

daveo132's 325Ci Sport

Well the car seems to be putting my through a trial at the moment.

in the last two weeks;

Got the oil leak fixed - Cam cover seal but found another little one on the sump so thats been covered up.  Still got one on the oil filter housing but it's not too bad.

Then the door pull snapped - the bits inside the door... Que a weeks of going everwhere with two keys just incase the door closed on me when I got out.  Drive away locking.

Now this...

24419454155_abf15cf962_k.jpgDSC_0299 by David South, on Flickr

On the bright side I've finally fixed my number plate light.  Don't worry it was all taped up nicely afterwards and this is no different to how the OEM connections work really.

24051671359_1430b18e98_k.jpgDSC_0301 by David South, on Flickr

Time to order a DISA kit I think.

Haven't got any signs but I'd rather change it out of peace of mind to be honest.  Any thoughts? Looking at this kit, have seen it mentioned elsewhere.

http://www.i6automotive.co.uk/bmw-disa-valve-intake-adjuster-unit-aluminium-repair-kit-2-2-2-5/

To be fair the brake feel is pretty good.

Well in other new my car has developed a new amplifier cooling system.  For those who can't see... my boot is flooded. :(

Anyone know where this might be getting in?  I've not had a chance to look yet.

Found this when I went to disconnect the battery.  I'm getting the seat out to get some repair work done to it.

DSC_03091_zpsx1c7nzsi.jpg

DSC_03121_zpszmusgi9p.jpg

Edited by daveo132

Yikes that is a lot of water! 

Try the bootlid seal and the rear light seals, also the seal where the wiring loom goes between the body of the car and the bootlid.

Edited by Ashley1995

I shall take a look. Yeah was a little scary!

My brother is opening up the boot for me today to let it all dry out.

Very glad I've got the chance to sort it.

My suspicious would lead me to suspect the light seals as the boot seal and loom look good. Can the lights be resealed?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5 using Tapatalk

Question...

The inner rear lights (on the boot lid).

Are the facelift version a straight fit?  Mine are the older 50/50 split between red and white.  I'd like to swap them for the later version with the smaller reverse light if possible.

Can anyone tell me if that works?  I've not found a lot of info.

Yeah I might need to do that.

I'm going to drop the seats, stick my head in the boot and get my brother to pour water over it.  I might be able to see where it's coming through then.

Luckily there doesn't seem to be any lasting damage.

Edited by daveo132

I've had this exact same thing on my previous 328Ci. Was like a small pond in the spare wheel well.

All I did to fix mine was replace the foam seal between the rear outer light clusters and the body of the car. This completely solved it.

Quite a shock seeing a boot full of water isn't it? For a few weeks previous to finding mine I couldn't work out why my windows kept steaming up while she was parked when other cars around didn't - once I found a boot full of water it was obvious.

2 hours ago, daveo132 said:

The only thing that gave it away was the battery not holding charge.  Probably because the fuse for the amplifier was earthling through the water!!

Scary stuff!

Haha, WOW! Could have been worse if the water had crept up little higher I suppose.