blynham

Spraying Carbon Cube

My carbon cube interior is looking a bit tired so am thinking about giving it a spray. I want to go for a piano black finish. Would I just need to sand prime and paint? I've never done any spraying before and don't want it to look pants lol.

I don't think it would work as the dash and gear surround trims are a pressed pattern in the aluminium, the door handles are a pattern too. You would have to smooth off all of the trims to get a nice flat base before you start with the black.

It's probably a lot easier to buy a set of wooden rims and spray them black, I saw a set go for around £30.00 on eBay the other week.

Then you could give you cubed trims a quick going over with satin black and sell them on to cover the cost of the wooden trims and all of the paint.

My carbon cube interior is looking a bit tired so am thinking about giving it a spray. I want to go for a piano black finish. Would I just need to sand prime and paint? I've never done any spraying before and don't want it to look pants lol.

I had carbon cube on mine mate and it was a problem to get them sprayed piano black. Best bet is to look for a set of plain coloured trim on eBay and paint those. That's what I did.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Think im gonna spray my cube silver and see how that comes out. If im not keen then will order some wood trim and go piano black. Hopefully the silver will look nice and break up the black interior a bit.