R80CLE

R80CLE 330i Touring

Hey chaps, I'm relatively new here. Used to own a Cooper S but thought I'd bite the bullet and purchase the car I've wanted for the past three years now.

This particular touring is the 330i, 150k however lots of service history.

I picked it up from Gloucester area the day after Download a few weeks back, upon viewing the car the Emissions light was on, however that has been cleared by myself since and it's not come back - the previous owner has the car for eight years, and told me that it had been standing for a few months as he'd bought a Discovery for commuting (lol).

IMG_0560_zpsmdgadcuh.jpg

First photo - stopped in Strensham for a coffee break on route home!

I was eager to get started with this one, after a week or so I purchased coilovers, only TA Technix but for the price I cannot fault them personally. (I must add here, this is a good reason for having to buy coils - when a friend of mine fitted them, he showed me that the rear standard spring had snapped, and that there was no rebound whatsoever in the standard shocks!) By the time they arrived my retention document had returned from the DVLA so I also was able to get my plate on there, which meant ordered the recess blank from Sytner BMW in Cardiff.

IMG_0563_zpsq6ysb6vo.jpg

IMG_0707_zpsyxx6abqm.jpg

Yesterday I picked up some 15mm hubcentric spacers so that the MV1's would clear the front struts, their now fitted and b Monday or Tuesday I should receive another pair for the rear wheels. It's surprising how much spacers make a difference on stock wheels!

72B99126-F08A-4D6D-97D2-C3B635ACE836_zps

That brings me to where I am now - next on the list is a Pipercross panel filter - unless you have any recommendations? - and amber indicators for the front.

Thanks for reading so far :)

Edited by R80CLE

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Had a play about with the kidneys this evening, previously left the netted chrome but it looked awful! So I've redone them, this time the inserts too. It's not a particularly good finish but they are much closer better than before!

5151A74F-048A-4D67-B81D-08CC284380FB_zps

Now I look at that picture I can see me doing the lower grill next...

Edited by R80CLE

So yeah here's more with the fronts fitted, now I'm running 15mm hubcentrics all around and it really does improve the aesthetics.

It catches, but only over dips in the road or if the car is fully laden, which is rarely is - so later this week I'll roll back the rear arches a touch.

BCD7057F-713A-4257-BCCD-ADBD95773400_zps

BF602718-93E5-4E7F-BC05-3C3BFDEB6983_zps

9981346B-D587-4EA2-B746-D51B29830EFB_zps

Next up: Alignment and a clean!

Thank you mate, with it being shortened it looked odd on the black recess and it looked even more odd on the side! I'll leave it for now ?

Next up.. This was much needed and has transformed the front end. I thought the lower grill had faded but upon looking closer I noticed it was overspray from a previous bumper repair.

Before:

1B761E1A-5BEF-484D-9E93-7810EF389038_zps

After:

67EE6D5C-39E8-4E45-8C50-173AD1D1988A_zps

Love this photo ?

71872386-DFBB-438F-99B8-FBA4A3571340_zps

Looking good mate. You've done pretty much exactly all the things I did with my touring at some point! Had to take my spacers off though as I always have my dogs in the bag so it rubbed all the time! I also got a plate delete and stuck my plate like yours but I was never happy with it. Looked better completely off but I was too chicken to drive round like that :) can't count the amount of times I've changed the grills from black to chrome as well

Haha thank you mate. Are you the chap with the red touring on Instagram? It looks super clean!

Had some spare time this morning so I took the opportunity to freshen up behind the wheels, here's what I was dealing with:

D535D7BE-1C21-424E-8ACE-7F0A983E5636_zps

And this is how each turned out:

5FA93C6A-EA93-4742-88CB-0D05185AF3B4_zps

Super happy with the finish! I also took the opportunity to close the wheel/arch gap on the front, it's looking much better now in my opinion!

29176282-837B-485E-87B2-49108CF45CC0_zps

BC40DFB5-8C3E-401F-969E-3705CBD2AA42_zps

I also bought an aux cable that plugs into the headunit, I've since found after removing the unit that it's not compatible. Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks ?

Dioch. Newport is it? I have family there, it's been a while since I was there last mind.

Scrubbed up the headlights this evening.. with toothpaste! I didn't expect it to work that well but it's actually loads better. I don't have a before photo which is annoying but imagine it being really hazy and oxidised! lol

IMG_1014_zpsf1gcqgog.jpg

Edited by R80CLE

Not particularly big updates as such, I've been setting money aside to spend on the BMW and end up buying other things. One thing I've always wanted is a suede OMP Targa,  that's some thing I did manage, I also disagreed with the short plates so had some pressed plates for my birthday.

I've got a Pipercross panel filter on the way and I'm also now looking for wheels ?

20151109_135402_zpsfhsxckxf.jpg

20160107_141051_zpsdtw87m3i.jpg

Edited by R80CLE

Hi. Car looks very tidy. Just a quick question. What's the best way to blacken the front lower grill. Mine has just slightly faded so just want to tidy it up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, PeeBee said:

Hi. Car looks very tidy. Just a quick question. What's the best way to blacken the front lower grill. Mine has just slightly faded so just want to tidy it up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just masked it off with newspaper and got a can of satin black spray. Worked a treat on mine