B0B

Eisenmann back box fitment

The one I had just stipulated engine size, it had 330d/cd stamped on it which would cover all the body types so I'd say so. Eisenmann UK are very helpful so might be worth emailing them?

The one I had just stipulated engine size, it had 330d/cd stamped on it which would cover all the body types so I'd say so. Eisenmann UK are very helpful so might be worth emailing them?

Good idea, I e just emailed them an enquiry.

Cheers Paul

Hmmm, just received this back from Eisenmann :(

Dear Bob ..no I am sorry they are different, as the convertible has different back pipes to allow for the underchassis reinforcement bars.

If it helps you, we will offer 15% discount on a new Eisenmann here ?

Very best regards

Roy

Please let us know if we can help further.

Regards

Roy

** We will beat any other quote, for any country.

EISENMANN EXHAUSTS ( A SUBSIDIARY OF CA TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL)

+44 (0)1202 822 792

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 03 August 2015 20:02

To: info@eisenmann.co.uk

Subject: Enquiry Bob

Hi,

Could you please tell me if an Eisenmann back box from a BMW E46 330ci coupe is the same fitment as a BMW E46 330ci convertible?

Many thanks

Bob

Might work out cheaper having it fettled by an exhaust place? It's not cheap though at £350 especially if you need to have it modded too.

I'm sure Bekir (El Turko) had one on his 330ci convertible? Might be worth asking him what it came off.

I'm really suprised at Eisenmann's response. Mine came off a coupe (I had a vert). I then sold it to a member on here (Chris) who had it on his 330 clubsport. He then sold it to another member on here (FabBMW) who fitted it to his 330 vert. So it is definitely interchangeable.

The place that fitted it it, mentioned that it was bit of an arse to fit due to the reinforcement bars. But in no way did it obstruct them, nor did they have to modify anything.

An incredible exhaust, and definitely worth the money IMO. They hardly depreciate either.

A few pictures to tempt you, and because I love being a photowhore:

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

They also look brilliant after a full polish.

EE3FA264-AAB1-4C5B-8654-B33ED02FB40A.jpg

6C4D70C4-CBE1-4D0A-AB30-920BC81A90C5.jpg

98FB35ED-5632-4B33-A95F-5AB29FC41F53.jpg

B0B I have some sound clips of my old one on my photobucket, if you are going to pursue it further, let me know and I can email them over.

Ricky: If you don't mind me saying, you should definitely polish yours and put up some new pics, for the sake of an hour and some wire wool & metal polish, it'll look like it's worth the money.

Cheers for the info Beks.

B0B I have some sound clips of my old one on my photobucket, if you are going to pursue it further, let me know and I can email them over.

Thanks Das I'd appreciate that, did you just gave the back box or did you remove the resonator and or secondary cats?

I've done a deal with Ricky now so I'll be picking it up at the weekend :)

Your Eisenmann guy wasn't that good :D

If sedan, touring, coupe or convertible the back box has always the same partnumber ;)

Yeah okay, I see it. He wanted to sell you a new one ;)

Gesendet mit meiner Brieftaube

Yeah maybe that was his plan..........it failed :)

Ricky: If you don't mind me saying, you should definitely polish yours and put up some new pics, for the sake of an hour and some wire wool & metal polish, it'll look like it's worth the money.

Picked it up today and it probably did take an hour with some metal polish and wire wool :)

e874a5a448b52889d88901eee43c035c_zpsahdg

1bb52e1750fc393a5bfab843e9644cb5_zpsarw5

c1d66316c92ea95b10d5c844cde0c0fd_zps1yfx

Edited by B0B