Sunglasses_Ron

Complete newb to the BMW scene

Hi everyone.

I'm about the buy an 06 plate E46 330Ci in black and if all goes to plan I should be picking it up next Friday.

I'm new to BMW's having just sold my Clio 182 so I'll be trawling this forum for information and tech advice.

I'm currently an admin over at ClioSport.Net and despite no longer owning a Clio I'll be staying on board the admin team as I will still be having lots of input into the running of the club. We've just had our annual ClioSport Saturday event which was a huge success with almost 300 people in attendance.

The Clio had to go due to needing a slightly bigger car. 2 kids plus baggage unfortunately don't fit comfortably into a Clio.

I will probably be sourcing a track slag 172/182 Clio in the new year but after my test drive in the 330Ci yesterday I've fallen in love so I doubt I'll ever go back to a Clio as my daily driver!

Thanks for reading

Ron

Edited by Sunglasses_Ron

Mr Ron! I remember you from cliosport.net I don't really go on there much, well for about 2 years now or so.

You will enjoy the 46, I wish I kept mine. But welcome to a friendly and extremely helpful group

Cheers chaps.

What was you username on CS Mark?

Ron

Same, mark-f buddy changed it from cossiefran. I had a 182, liked it but really didn't get on much with the forum. I think at one point there was a bit too much banter/arguing with you, Daniel and another guy I forget his name but we spoke a few times afterwards and he was alright. Has a 3 door cosworth and an RS focus.

I remember your job, I think that's what may have caused the banter haha I didn't really spend much time getting involved in threads after a while, there was a bit too much going on for me, plus all friends if you know what I mean? It was a good place for information for me, but that was it. I went to a few meets etc but they were a bit cliquey. I'm glad I met a few, davo172 was a decent guy, met him a couple of times.

I'm not slating the place though, far from it, I appreciated what I got from the place. The zone is a different kettle of fish, and a lot of the guys are outstanding, there's no real flaming or anything like that, cliotoby springs to mind.

I'm sure you'll like it here. I'll have to log in some time and see if anything is different nowadays haha

I remember your username Cossiefran!

The forum is a bit of different animal these days. It's a much more chilled out place due mainly to the mods taking a much more active role in cracking down on people's trolling.

From what I can tell about this forum is its similar to CS in respect of information to be gleaned from it.

You'll always be welcome on CS mate

Ron

Picked it up on Thursday. It needed a serious detail so I set about getting it up to my standard yesterday. 10 hours later...

78e84d170a4416525ae1978e7e57e780.jpg

60523ceb4940065a0d6ad542afc26062.jpg

2fba9d4521d6f5f872e1ec8a146dd652.jpg

f068be0d7bf5702b2201e57194f68a86.jpg

2335c9ba6703335bc7b94cab7c1fc1a2.jpg

(The rear tints are coming off ASAP)

i hate posts like this. Just when I've convinced myself that csl reps would look better on my black coupe someone posts one with mv2's that are mint and I'm back to square one deciding whether to refurb mine instead. (At around £300 as they are really bad)

Car looks great bud.

Edited by BmEagle

Looks a great example that mate, you must be made up. What was the detailing products & process?

Snow foamed, rinsed, washed (2 bucket method), iron x and rinse, tar x and rinse, washed again and clayed using Bilt Hamber clay and my own lube made from Poorboys slick & suds. Rinsed and washed again and then dried with drying towels.

Got the DA out and found that I had to go quite harsh to get any decent correction.

Used a blue Rupes pad with Menzerna 400 fast gloss polish and then a second stage of Menzerna 4000 polish on a 3M finishing pad.

Went over the whole car with CarPro Eraser and because I was using Hydro2 as LSP I washed the car again before applying the Hydro2.