Ashley_r84

Washer jets not working or very weak.

My washer jets have started to fail on me for some reason, they are very very weak (to the point where I thought I was out of screenwash).

This started about 3 weeks ago and doesn't seem to be getting any better. The wash barely reaches the windscreen and as far as I can tell the headlight jets have stopped working too but I cannot confirm this just yet.

Would any of you know what could be causing this and would it be an easy fix?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ashley

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Do you have headlight washers? Are they OK?

Check the filter in the washer bottle. Pull the pump and there's a little mesh filter under there that gets gunked up.

Also, the jets themselves get blocked. I cleared mine by disconnecting the hose and blowing them through

Edit: Must type faster :)

Edited by X-Man

There's a filter in the tank, stage attached to the pump. I bet it's blocked

This ^^^ I had to do mine again today. That's the 4th or 5th time in just over 2 years. :(

I've been told Renault pre-mixed screenwash fluid could be the answer, so I'm giving it a try.

There's a filter in the tank, stage attached to the pump. I bet it's blocked

This ^^^ I had to do mine again today. That's the 4th or 5th time in just over 2 years. :(

I've been told Renault pre-mixed screenwash fluid could be the answer, so I'm giving it a try.

Jesus, what do Renault pre mix with? raw sewage? :D

I always got the problem of a gunged up filter when using premixed 5 litre bottles of blue screenwash (holts for example). Once i started using halfords concentrate and mixing my own it stopped.

My own experience is using the blue Holts concentrate (ie dilute-it-yourself). I always stuck to a 10% (1 part concentrate to 9 parts water) mix, irrespective of what the label on the bottle said. It's only just occurred to me as I'm typing this, but maybe using demineralised water rather than tap water would help.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

How does the filter pull out and where from?

Drain the tank, disconnect the plug(s) from the motor(s) and the level sensor. Undo 1x 10mm bolt in the top on the tank and lift the tank slightly. Pull the motor(s) from the tank. Lift the tank fully out of the car. The filter(s) is/are part of the grommets that seal the motors to the tank. Carefully prise the grommet(s) from the tank.

Make sure you thoroughly decontaminate the tank before refitting. :thumbsup:

Still not got round to sorting this out as I was in America when I posted but thanks for the help.

Thanks for the walk-through stubeedoo, much appreciated. I may get around to doing it on Monday:-)

Just did this finally, so easy and everything works a treat.

I would normally have paid a garage to sort it cos I'm useless with cars but thanks to you guys it's all sorted:-)

Thanks again