avalaugh

Tail light help please

Ok, been searching the web, messaging eBay sellers but not got a definitive answer.

I've got a '52' Clubsport. A previous owner has retro fitted some LED tail lights, not genuine, and now the RH indicators have stopped working.

I want either normal or LED lights but must be genuine.

Will with of these 2 eBay listings work ?

Both sellers seem to think so ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/191686602385 standard bulbs

Or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/171933080439 LED's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are what's currently on my car

084ec3acefd946b94846e2bffc3c9215.jpg

Crappy pic sorry. The bits on the inside are shocking, crimps, gaffer tape etc, and the boot lights don't fit.

Most items for sale done seem to come complete. Do the bulbs fit into the lenses or will I also need bulb holders ?

If I go LED how hard a job is it to get these coded :(

Saloon and coupe lights are not the same.

I have LED rears on my coupe. They're made by eagle eye so obviously not genuine but look great, work faultlessly and didn't need coding. If you can accept non-genuine I would highly recommend them. Usually about 130 quid I believe.

Who'd have thought simple set of rear lights could be so bloody different, they all look the same :(

Rursta are they just plug and play ? The ones currently on mine have sorts of boxes etc attached, cheap horrible stuff.

Ok thanks, sorry guys more questions.

The guy on eBay has been really helpful, he has sent me these 2 pictures, I have a 6 pin plug on my car.

Looks like he has 8 pins ?

Error messages aside can I just join the wires to make it work ?

97221f7bbce8d2bb5455f3e94394eaf1.jpg

This is the car they came off

95d2f112b69decc5eb22d1a138454fb6.jpg

I bought genuines for my Cs, got them all working no problem, but had to have a new light switch too. Ouch

Why did you need a new light switch Daz?

Couldn't get rid of the bulb out symbol on the dash. They were all flickering to begin with. My mate is a tech at Sytner Coventry. Tried a new light switch and they all worked fine. Then swapped back to my LCM and no good. He reckoned my switch wasn't compatible IIRC ( 7 plus yrs ago ) so I stuck with the new unit. Wasn't happy but hey ;)

Saloon and coupe lights are not the same.

I have LED rears on my coupe. They're made by eagle eye so obviously not genuine but look great, work faultlessly and didn't need coding. If you can accept non-genuine I would highly recommend them. Usually about 130 quid I believe.

Do you have a link please

Ok, finally all sorted

1c4841a95d8baf65a629e19ce9927efc.jpg

I now have a set of saloon rear lights, white/red

c919a2eb75e09bf9c39568e3fc44d3e4.jpg

If anyone wants them

And my original set of LED lights for a coupe, right indicator not working, plug and play for the 6 pin looms. No fault codes

faac5310d9bc93c0e97b82278e90e164.jpg2820678df3e59213e5c239950c49af88.jpg948d57e18274b098b128325a91d04919.jpg

All heading for the bin unless collected soon