RichS

BoxClever's 330ci Sport Vert - back after quite a break!

Hi peoples,

I've had an intro thread going but wanted to start a build thread properly to document the car's life with me. I'll cut and paste the update on my previous thread here and then move on from here. By the way, I just did the golf tee mod and I need to go for a spin the hear it now!!

So after nearly a month of ownership I thought I'd list the stuff I've done (or had done) to the car. The car had been maintained in its previous lifetime but not to the standard that I wanted so it has spent some time with BMW having a few necessary things sorted.

So, interior improvements:

A thorough valet and leather has been fed and sealed

All the mats have been replaced with proper BMW new ones, bought new/old stock cheaply

A ski pass custom built sub box with JL sub and amp

Exterior improvements:

Black front grills

Smoked side repeaters

Clayed, sealed and waxed

Maintenance:

New drivebelts

New brake disks and pads all round and a replacement calliper as one was forked

Radiator expansion tank and all hoses (replaced the day before I bought it)

Valve cover gasket (as above)

New ABS sensors

2 X Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35/18 Y tyres (had budgets all round so fronts will be replaced with Michelins in a few thousand miles)

And that's it so far. I am getting the front door speakers replaced in the next few weeks with Hertz components which will be driven by an Alpine amp and the final thing (for now!!) will be to clean, protect and seal the fabric roof - it is in great condition and I want to keep it this way.

Here's a few pictures and I'll post some more when I find a decent location to take them!

Cheers,

Rich

C3866D29-8058-4808-9468-99597203C63C_zps

AB3219B2-7671-4E15-BD98-7348720B37A0_zps

C3686ACD-DBEE-47E6-9194-5947AAA78C6C_zps

Edited by Rich (BoxClever)

After reading about the golf tee mod for quite a while I thought I'd finally see if it is something I can do myself. OMG, it took 2 seconds to find and remove the pipe and a further 5 seconds to plug it with a screw. The valve was open (as the engine was off) and I took it for a spin and now love the added rumble my car gives me!!

Why did I wait so long?? So many thanks to everyone that has done this mod and also written about it!! I'm seriously not going to get a Scorpion backbox for the time being, I now have a nice exhaust note!! Until I get bored of it:)

Finally bought some new wipers today after being thoroughly annoyed with my current ones for not doing their job properly and rubbing and vibrating on each wipe!!

And I just ordered some 15mm spacers for the rear which I'll post pictures of when they arrive next week.

Edited by Boxclever1753

You will get bored of it, especially if you're on the motorway. The drone will do your nut in :lol:

I don't want to say it already is but.... Ha! I'm such a kid, I'll just turn up the stereo and add some more sub bass to drown it out:)

Edited by Boxclever1753

So my £101 eBay wind deflector arrived and it is in decent condition and works a treat, did a quick 100mph test drive and it holds up fine! A quick picture of it parked up with the deflector on, excuse the rubbish bins behind the car!

BBB31E4C-6B40-4F42-8DB7-1C11566AB916_zps

And I just found a Parrot kit on Gumtree near me, never been used and got it for £60. Now to get someone local to fit it for me.

71CEFAC3-A589-4BA6-B6BE-BF98087A8A31_zps

No more car stuff today, I've got to put my England shirt on and get ready to humiliate the Welsh later:)

Edited by Boxclever1753

Another week and I feel the need to spend more on my car - with no expensive girlfriend at the moment I can justify the love I'm showing the 46:)

I just ordered the H&R cup kit from EBay Germany. It lowers the car 55/35 which will suit mine as it already has the Msport suspension and I want it lower. I've found a great little BMW enthusiast owned garage round the corner from me who will fit them when they arrive and will then super-track it.

No more news, apart from it is lovely weather outside so I'm off for a spin with the roof down and my new deflector up - before the weather tells me to stop!!

It's coming along nicely mate, your going to need a bigger driveway (if thats your house) :D

The parrot shouldn't be to hard to do with an autolead for BMW

There's so little on street parking around here I have to wedge it on to the front of the house. I still get some dodgy looks from old grannies who have to edge around in on the pavement! I haven't the time to be pulling out the stereo and then siting all the Parrot bits so it's only an hour or so work for a fitter and I can blame him if it's s**t!

That car is going to look so nice on those coils... . !!

Wish i could justify the purchase for mine... luckily I have a wife an 2 kids an a dog who love spending my cash .. so I can't... :cry:

You can keep the wife, my ex costs me enough;)

27EC9A7D-7A1E-4D51-A9CC-9A3A013CD5BC.png

Hey mate, that sits too low on the back for me but the car looks great. On mine I'm looking to reduce the ridiculous gap at the front mainly with the back coming down a bit from this cup kit.

27EC9A7D-7A1E-4D51-A9CC-9A3A013CD5BC.png

Hey mate, that sits too low on the back for me but the car looks great. On mine I'm looking to reduce the ridiculous gap at the front mainly with the back coming down a bit from this cup kit.
Mate it's not that low on the back it's because car is parked on a cambered road leading up to s hill that's all I have done lowered her 25 mill can get my fingers in front and rear arches and doesn't rub when full car

So another day and more money spent! Actually, I spent this cash last week and today my 15mm rear spacers and longer bolts arrived. Wahey!! So a quick drive to my friendly tyre place and a tenner in the guys pocket and he put them on and torqued them for me.

Stupid me took before and after pictures of the wrong side but you can see how good they look anyway!

Before:

82EAF187-8024-4D7C-A1B6-D24871E987E9_zps

Fitting:

96742082-3DC1-43C1-B40A-1E623F67ED0E_zps

After:

01E001D0-8546-46D5-BAE7-BFA2BF485B87_zps

And I drove off with them looking excellent!! I didn't even get ten yards without the first rubbing noise from the back, and by the time I'd done 400 metres I did a u-turn and went back and had them removed. Doh! What a shame, but with 255/35/18's on the back with Msport suspension they were too wide. Someone on here did say they'd scuff - but I had to try, right?

So, if anyone wants a really good set of 15mm spacers and bolts that were used for less than a mile just let me know!! £35 posted.

I've got the H&R cup kit arriving next week so I'll settle for that instead:)

LOL.. bad luck that mate... thumbs up for giving it a shot though..

They did look good ... for 10 minutes...

Your H&R cup kit is going to look awesome though buddy..>!!!

They looked epic, for minutes!!

And yeah, can't wait for the cup kit, hope I bought the right one!!

So after a few days away I came home this afternoon and my weedy neighbour said he'd had a package delivered for me but he couldn't lift it... Ha! He must be about 40kg when wet so I'll let him off!

But it was my cup kit - arrived in less than a week from Germany for considerably less than a UK supplier.

Look at this box of goodness!!

8AFC5D34-B6FC-4F6B-B729-8D69557CF841_zps

So I just rang my friendly mechanic who said he can get it fitted tomorrow for me and he can give me a run about for the day too - without me even asking. I'm liking this service already. I'll get some before and after pictures but to say I'm excited doesn't even come close. I'm going to crack open a very special bottle of white tonight to celebrate:)

Oh, and I finally got round to filling out the paperwork to get my private plate moved over from the E36 to the E46. Not sure why but it wouldn't let me do it online so it had to be done snail mail.

Anyone know how long this will take? And will the E36 go back to the original P plate as etched on to the windows? And finally, if I want the d**k Lovett dealer logo on the new plates do I have to take it to d**k Lovett or is there anywhere that can add dealer logos to plates I can get online?

So I just collected the car from having the H&R cup kit fitted. The car now sticks to the road like glue and it has been dropped nicely and looks amazing too. This may be wishful thinking but the car feels softer and far more balanced than ever. But I think it is just the placebo effect of getting the suspension changed!!

This is where you guys tell me how s**t I am at taking photos but I have before and after pictures below of my car from today.

Before:

BDABE6B3-9B7E-4A30-AA51-8AD82D9D6755_zps

After:

942B78E0-8060-4CD2-A8B8-3CCF0E59C850_zps

I love the car more than ever now:)

I didn't even get ten yards without the first rubbing noise from the back, and by the time I'd done 400 metres I did a u-turn and went back and had them removed. Doh! What a shame, but with 255/35/18's on the back with Msport suspension they were too wide. Someone on here did say they'd scuff - but I had to try, right?

That would be me. Sure no harm in trying but I've seen it many times on here. Tyres need to be a 235 ideally.