marc l

5 speed gear knob

The gear knob on my e46 is starting to show wear and i'd like to replace it. I've looked on the bay and I've found a nice genuine one from BMW Direct for £63 delivered.

Has anyone replaced theirs? And where did they buy it from? I've seen cheap plastic ones but I'm not after that.

The genuine one I've seen on eBay:

22EDAA15-9F67-495C-8878-3603C630340A_zps

Have you got a club sport one already. I replaced the leather off an eBay seller for about £5 and put on a new badge for about £10.

I haven't no.... Just the standard black one. I didn't know you could replace the leather

Have you got a club sport one already. I replaced the leather off an eBay seller for about £5 and put on a new badge for about £10.

I haven't no.... Just the standard black one. I didn't know you could replace the leather
you can get a replacement leather cover for your one off eBay. Won't be as nice as a clubsport one though. I replaced my wood one with a battered clubsport one and replaced the leather and badge. Love it. Edited by BmEagle

The one you've posted s pic of is the clubsport one £52 plus vat is what I paid at trade price. Makes a nice difference to gear changes.

Yes I know.... that is the one I prefer. I have got a quote from cotsworld BMW on here and the club sport knob is £57 including VAT and delivery