Fozzie

What's my 328ci worth? Pics and spec in thread

I have a 328ci with 12 months mot I'm selling and just want advice on the pricing

The spec is as follows

328ci Se auto

Factory xenons

Harmon kardon audio set up

Comms pack with working car phone

Moon roof

Clear light pack

BMW aero kit

Electronic rear blind

Parking sensors

18 staggered Style 32 alloys

Sports electric leather seats

Heated seats with memory

Wood trim

Mtech suspension

It has full history most of is from

BMW and Indys it's been very well looked after and has no rust at all other than passenger side front wing usual bubbles, I looking to replace it before it's for sale if I can so its immaculate, it drives very well with no play in anything and box is uber smoot

Age, mileage? Assuming it's not mega miles I'd advertise it for around £1200, I also wouldn't spend any money sorting the rust because you won't get it back in the sale.

Edited by Zonda_

99 135,000 full history every bill and previous mot, I was thinking with the options and condition of advertising it around £1950 as I've not seen a tidier better specced one for sale for some time. But I'm new to e46s so if I'm up at too much fair enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, I thought the values of e46 were stronger than 1-1.2k good job I asked, but I still think ill try my hand at a higher price first, as the options it has I think it's a spec that could command more of a premium than the usual standard run of the mill se ones.

I'm sure someone looking for a great specced car may pay nearer to what I had in mind, but if there's no interest at least I have an idea of what other owners think of the market, thanks again

Hmmmm our cars are always worth more in our own minds but I think you could get upwards of £1200 for it. Maybe start it on eBay for £1150 and see where you get. Or put it for sale at £1450 ovno. Worth a punt.

I'd love to keep it but the lack of isofix and rear doors would be a problem! I've driven a few e46s and this is by far the most solid and best condition one I've driven, I think if some one had seen a few tired ones and drove this they wouldn't hesitate to buy it, as at the price there at there's a fair few unloved examples around now, I'm guessing it'll be many years till the prices boom, but this is the kind of car id like for when they do!

Having spent the past couple of months watching E46 prices before buying mine, it seems that early 328s and SE coupes are pretty unloved and valued low relative to later 325 and 330 sports. It's a shame, because yours sounds/looks like a decent car with plenty of options and a bit of love.

For context, I paid £2,400 for a 2002 E46 330 sport coupe with 104k miles and plenty of options (inc. HK and xenons), but a poor rust repair on one front wing and scabby wheels. It's by no means aesthetically immaculate, but seems mechanically sound (famous last words), so that's the sort of thing you're benchmarking against.

I would suggest putting it on the 'trader with a well-written ad and plenty of good photos for £1,700, and be prepared to be haggled.

Sadly, the sheer volume of E46 coupes available will always push the price of early, non-sport cars down. In your position, I would be inclined to hang onto it, as I can't imagine you would replace it with anything significantly better for the money.

Let us know how you get on.

I think your probably right to be honest, it seems there's very few 328cis up for sale now, after looking on the trader there's currently 11 for sale in the country, but I guess it's always going to be over shadowed by its big brother the 330ci, but hopefully I can find someone who's more interested in spec and condition, history etc and not be tempered by the bigger engined lesser specced cars, I think an offer of around £1500-1600 would buy it as I've got 2 coupes and 2 e39 sports lol!

My 328Ci in Topaz, with a 'full' aero kit (I say full because yours only seems to have the front bumper and rear wing, whereas a full aero kit also has a different rear bumper and side skirts) has just been written off. She had the same wheels as yours too, full leather, electric, memory seats, parking sensors etc, etc.. in fact, bar the heated seats all the same options as yours and 155,000 miles on the clock.

The insurance company just gave me £1665

I would say that felt a little bit generous, if I'm honest - so well done if you haggled that up. Unless you agreed a value or could have proven condition/extras/comparable models, insurers' guide price would be closer to 50% of that.

There have been plenty of sub-£1k 328 E46s go through the trader and EBay over the past few months, so that's the bottom end of your market. With average/high miles, you need to demonstrate the additional value of the options/extras, otherwise you're stuck in cheapsville.

Yeah, although many people don't like the rear bumper on the aero kit. Here's a coupe of pictures of mine, full aero kit including the side skirts and rear bumper.....

post-20481-0-68050400-1444144534_thumb.j

post-20481-0-04988800-1444144575_thumb.j

Not the best pictures but gives you an idea.

Edited by Ruesta

I would say that felt a little bit generous, if I'm honest - so well done if you haggled that up. Unless you agreed a value or could have proven condition/extras/comparable models, insurers' guide price would be closer to 50% of that.

There have been plenty of sub-£1k 328 E46s go through the trader and EBay over the past few months, so that's the bottom end of your market. With average/high miles, you need to demonstrate the additional value of the options/extras, otherwise you're stuck in cheapsville.

I haggled up a little but only a couple of hundred quid. They did say mine was in above average conditions come to think about it. She had two new front wings and front bumper a little over a year ago which obviously included a front end respray minus bonnet. Plus the rear bumper was resprayed last winter and the wheels reconditioned. The only 'damage' she had pre accident was a bit of lacquer peel on the roof and bonnet - next on my list before she was written off :mad:

I just noticed yours has mudflaps.... Perhaps the original owner wanted mudflaps so couldn't have the whole aero kit fitted??? The mudflaps wouldn't fit on the rear aero bumper or skirts.

My aunty just sold this 328 with 80k miles on for £1800, absolutely spotless with no rust, looks like it came out of the factory. The plate was valued at £700 too. If someone were to offer you £1300 i would snap their hands off.

11883613_870600749691442_2065800846_o.jp

In saying that, i sold my 330 genuine sport with coilovers and e38 32's for 1750 with 99k miles. That only needed a few hundred spent on to be perfect!

Edited by Alix

The plate was valued at £700 too.

Forgive me, but I'm always a bit cynical about how much value an unremarkable X1XXX plate actually adds to a car, particularly given that it's only valuable if you can locate the right person (e.g. "Mr XXX") to buy it.

I once bought a car with a private plate that would/should have made any extrovert Audi TT owner jump at the opportunity, but nobody was interested at any price either via EBay or the TTOC. Thankfully I didn't take its value into account when buying, so it stayed with the car until I sold it.

Having said that, the car looks to be in excellent nick, and probably represents the absolute top end for 328 values (unless you can find a mint outlier with ludicrous low miles and stacked full of options).

ETA - I actually looked at your ad when buying my 330, and while it seemed like good value the combination of rust and cat/suspension/idler issues put me off. It would have probably needed £800+ to bring it up to a decent standard, which felt like a lot to sink into an early car (for me).

Edited by Dave330

I've now placed it in the for sale forum after the advice here for £1749ono 12 month mot, it's a great example, a sensible offer would buy the car, I really don't think there's a better one for the money out there!