sheriff

Silver/grey leather, anyone got it?

My Alpina has silver/grey sports seats, see attached. Due to the annoying extra padding, I'm on the lookout on ebay etc for some standard (no extra padding) in silver/grey.

But I'm wondering- actually how many other e46 actually have silver/grey sports seats, if any?! Can't even see any in google images.

Thanks!

2D0A12C5-3A48-409E-89B3-5D563A85FBED.jpg

I don't think I have seen that colour before on any E46.

If it was me I'd keep it as is, it's original then and surely more valuable. those seats look rather comfy to me anyway.

Edit: Just noticed they are electric and heated with lumbar support too. 100% would keep them. But that's just my opinion

Edited by Ashley1995

I don't think I have seen that colour before on any E46.

If it was me I'd keep it as is, it's original then and surely more valuable. those seats look rather comfy to me anyway.

Edit: Just noticed they are electric and heated with lumbar support too. 100% would keep them. But that's just my opinion

Cheers Ashley. They are indeed very nice and comfy seats. The problem is, believe it or not it puts an extra 1-2 inch on seat height (really), and I'm very tall. You may think I'm being silly, but when you are 6'6'' you need the seat as low as possible- you notice it. My old M3 was noticeably better. Why didn't I notice this on the test drive? Well I did, but loved the car and thought I just needed to play with settings more :( . Having researched the cars original spec- it said 'extra seat padding + lumber)

I have the standard seats.. electric an memory not heated .. in my 330CD...

Yours look really comfy...!! I am only 6'2' an don't have the seat all the way down

I am too old now (44) to drive like I'm laying down an peering through the steering wheel.. like to see the end of the bonnet and beyond...

Could you not get the seats re-foamed to reduce the padding a bit? I have no idea what this might cost or whether its possible to reduce padding now the leathers not new but if it were me I would want to keep those seats, they are lovely. Never seen a set that colour before, it must be an Alpina thing surely? Be a real shame to swap them for something found in any E46.

Picked my 320Cd M Sport up on Saturday. Don't know if this is the same colour as yours - very light grey. On the original bill of sale it is described as "Light Grey Exclusive Futura Leather". Heated but no lumbar adjustment.

mediaC3DHBU15.jpg

mediaMP9QESBS.jpg

mediaTF6B5JL8.jpg

Edited by Chris320cd