RACK

Help with ICE/Sat Nav problems

Just got a facelift 330ci Convertible and it has the OEM big screen Sat Nav in there. I've not had chance to test it works with the dvd yet but will be doing that tonight.

Could do with some advice please, I've had a search but struggling to find deffinite answers;

1) The front drivers side speaker isn't working, would this be a dead speaker or just a loose wire?

2) The speakers seem a bit poor (it doesn't have the HK set up), what are the speakers I'd need to upgrade, I've seen Pioneer 5.5/6.5 speakers mentioned. I'm not after a mega install, just a bit more of a nice sound

3) The cd changer in the boot isn't showing up as an option on the head unit, I'm guessing it's either knackered or the power cable is unplugged?

4) TBH as much as I like the idea of the OEM Sat Nav I'd ideally want to replace it with a full on Headuint that plays MP3/usb, connects to iphone ect

Sorry for all the questions, I'm very new to the ICE world tbh

Thanks in advance

Bm54 unit will be failing. You can repair/upgrade the internal amps anyway.

The changer, can you remove the cassette from it?

iPhone and MP3, but an aux input. Easily done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bm54 unit will be failing. You can repair/upgrade the internal amps anyway.

The changer, can you remove the cassette from it?

iPhone and MP3, but an aux input. Easily done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate, the cassette won't come out at all. Tried just pressing the button, holding it down, praying..... the thing just didn't move

I'm looking on ebay now for aux/iphone cables

The DVD will not work it is not a DVD headunit and the nav drive in the boot does not play DVDs other than the nav DVD. You need a DVD changer for this.

BM54 failure is a likely culprit and can be upgraded to do a nice range of modern things for not much cost (100-200 depending on what you want)

Speakers need to be 5.25 from memory though 6.5 can be made to fit if your good at that sort of thing (i am not)

Check cables on CD changer. Common failing point though, good chance to get an Intravee II in there (much more than just an iPod solution).

Do you have OEM bluetooth ? If so no need to rip it all out just get the BM54 upgraded :)

I have had an upgraded BM54 (also for sale, shameless plug!) and can honestly say the difference from before to after was amazing. Well worth doing, especially the music streaming function.

Agreed. Especially with the Stage 2 upgrade Baris now does. Edited by JasonKruys

Thanks for the replies :)

Yep, the dvd unit in the back works for the sat nav, tried it out last night. Had another go with the cd changer and there's defo a fault

I'm not sure on the bluetooth as not had much time to play with it due to being busy at work

Just looked at the upgrades Baris does and gotta say I'm tempted. I just want something to play my mp3's or iphone on as the lack of decent music is killing me lol

Seen some speakers, and think I'll prob go for 17cm's in the front and just keep standard size in the back. I'm, not too fussed if the people in the back can hear much :)

Edited by RACK