Dave330

Known working bluetooth OBD readers for e46?

So, after sending back my ELM327 Mini (bought from Amazon) that wouldn't let my apps communicate with the car (even though the bluetooth connection was fine), I now need a replacement.

Does anyone have any experience of bluetooth OBD readers that work, please? I don't want to go down the road of the software/cable approach without knowing whether I need it, so the small outlay on a bluetooth reader will help determine this.

I had a 'full size' ELM327 (like this: http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/images/elm327_bluetooth-1.jpg) working on a previous car before a friend borrowed and lost it. Before I order a replacement one of these, I just wanted to know if anyone had experience of one working on the e46, and where (apart from the Amazon lottery) they sourced it from.

Cheers!

Vgate iCar 3 ELM327 Bluetooth V3.0 OBD2 Car Diagnostics Scanner

This is the one I bought recently for my 2005 model, connects and works perfectly also can leave it plugged in as it turns itself off!