lptguy

Lowering springs

17 hours ago, Daz 330 Cs said:

Yes it was on standard shocks, although they had all been replaced since I owned the car. Fronts were 8.5J ET38 with 235/35/19. Rears 9.5J ET45 with 245/35/19. 

That's well helpful, thanks Daz. My Ispiri's are the same as that at the rear and I think the fronts are ET40 from memory, same width. 

If I can get it down just on some eibach sportline springs with similar tyre sizes as you had and it doesn't rub I'll be well chuffed.

On 30/10/2015 at 20:27, lptguy said:

So... after going to the blackbush meet on last saturday the idea of lowering my car has been on my mind everytime i walk past my car at work. I dont know if this is a stupid question, but can i just put lowering springs in and call it quits with the current msport shocks (how much drop can i have without changing the shocks so they dont bottom out) and will just putting lowered springs in cause any stress or strain on any other parts?

Thanks guys! 6620a96e0a46f8ad0b78200d893cbb1b.jpg - an upsetting amount of arch gap :(

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

What colour is your coupe mate? Looks real nice.

24 minutes ago, lptguy said:

Metallic sparkling graphite, is its official name, looks amazing when its clean and looks different colours in the sun too

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thought so. One of my 3 favourite E46 colours. When I was looking for mine in September I couldn't find a good one in Sparkling Graphite so ended up with an imola red.