Sign in to follow this  
shabir

projector/xenon lights

my car currently has reflector lights (pre face), so wanting to go down the xenon route. was looking at oem items, and seen threads on how easy it is to take the lights apart. So thought it may be easier for me to get a damaged set and rebuild it on to my current lights.

Few questions i have tho, does the manual adjuster in the car still work with xenons? been reading they are auto levelling, was that all xenons, as correct me if im wrong some used the H7 bulb while others used d2s

If i get a set of halogen ones (if you can get that with projector), will the LCM need coding?

and damn it cant remember what else i had to ask as i got distracted typing this, if i remember i will be back.

I've retrofitted xenon headlights. It has d2s bulbs and its genuine ones. I had to get it coded and the manual leveling had to get coded too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've retrofitted xenon headlights. It has d2s bulbs and its genuine ones. I had to get it coded and the manual leveling had to get coded to. 

Thats a bonus, so ill look in to the coding. Want to learn that as few features I want to add. 

Was the wiring plug and play with the d2s? Assuming you have used BMW ballasts aswell?

I was thinking if they do come with halogen bulbs and they are cheaper ill put in some aftermarket HID kits. Got some spare anyway from previous car. Was going to put them on the current headlamps but been told not to with the reflector. 

I've retrofitted xenon headlights. It has d2s bulbs and its genuine ones. I had to get it coded and the manual leveling had to get coded to. 

Thats a bonus, so ill look in to the coding. Want to learn that as few features I want to add. 

Was the wiring plug and play with the d2s? Assuming you have used BMW ballasts aswell?

I was thinking if they do come with halogen bulbs and they are cheaper ill put in some aftermarket HID kits. Got some spare anyway from previous car. Was going to put them on the current headlamps but been told not to with the reflector. 

Yes mate it was plug and play with the d2s and yes it came with BMW ballasts. If you'll use aftermarker HIDs you not gonna need coding for it. Just make sure they can-bus ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk