avalaugh

Which of these 3 tyres should I get ?

Been doing some reading and I can't decide...

Pirelli P-Zero Nero

c24cb2ba27f18b2e8fdea8b9b65500f6.jpg

New tyre design, not sure I like it aesthetically ?

Pirelli P-Zero

68ac7ffa3e1d6dae60f49026916a0104.jpg

Michelin Pilot Sport 3, likes them before, was also OE on my Clubsport when new (pilot sport 2 was)

653c0ea31aa2cc0325ccbaeae2e0e1e9.jpg

Bridgestone Potenza, best looking of the bunch

ad3dcfb85cfb8f4b1d60f26ae233abc0.jpg

They're all around the same price, and all have similar reviews and grip levels ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies, I placed an order with black circles today.

£438 for a set of Pirelli P-Zero

225-40-18 & 255-35-18

Good price I think, have always fancied a set of these so will see how they go [emoji106]

To be honest all the top brands seem pretty dam good these days.

It came down to price and looks in the end.

I will say though i deliberately avoided the Goodyear Eagle F1's, I have them on my BMW 120, and while they work perfectly on the road, the sidewalls are visibly softer than MICHELIN, BRIDGESTONE or PIRELLI options.

I highly rate the eagle f1's as they take such a pasting on track and still perform faultlessly on the road. Potenza are great if you get re050a, or re070 for more track day tyre. Any other potenza's just seem very hard and not much grip. Pilot sport 3 are possibly the best tyre I've used, and I've used a lot! 

I do have a soft spot for p zero, not the Nero though. Proper p zero's just work so well and have a nice looking tread pattern. 

At at the end of the day they're all good, just depends which suit your driving. 

Well if your looking for superb grip in the wet/damp then i wouldnt fully reccomend the Pzero as iv got them on my 318(2litre) and have got it sideways many times. And thats saying something with 255 on the rear and it spinning its rear wheels is not common. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I always ran Eagle F1s on powerful RWD cars (with LSD and no TC/DSC), and found them to be nothing short of brilliant in the wet. They felt great in the dry too, and while I didn't often press on in the wet, they gave a lot of confidence.

Thought I'd drop an update in on the P-Zero's I went for.

No complaints with the road usage I've had so far, much improved ride with the 18" over the 19" too.

The P-Zero is noisier compared to the Falkens I was running.