RACK

Sat Nav Options

I have a 330ci Sport vert, it's got in it the factory sat nav and cd changer. Although at the min, the changer isn't powering up or being shown on the "mode" selection on the head unit.
The sat nav works when the dvd is in the unit in the back but it's very old and tbh a pain to use.
Oh and my front drivers speakers aren't working

The 2 options I'm thinking about are;

1) get the BM54 unit repaired/upgraded, update the nav and use a Grom or other device to get rid of the changer so I can use a usb to get music from

2) get a complete double din unit that does all the lot and take out and sell the oem stuff.

Only things bothering me are;
How hard is it to ditch the changer and replace with something that will read a USB?
If the updated sat nav easy to use?

If a new complete DD unit is bought, will I still need the BM54 unit or can everything else just be removed?

Sorry if these are noob questions, I'm far better under the bonnet that I am dealing with in car stuff. Fitting a stereo and running some speaker cable is about my limits with this stuff lol

Thanks
RACK

Hi, I have a modded BM54 and updated Sat Nav that I have for sale.

The BM54 made a massive difference in sound and also has B/T streaming. The sat drive and discs are v34 and I didn't find it a pain to use.

Also have a CD changer that works.

Dee

I'm thinking about the BM54 upgrade but also thinking about getting an Alpine CarPlay unit to be able to use my iPhone and iTunes in the car. Am in full on thinking mode at the moment as I love the OEM look but want the more up to date functionality of the Alpine. 

Arghh!!!

The BM54 made a massive difference in sound and also has B/T streaming. The sat drive and discs are v34 and I didn't find it a pain to use.

Dee

I might be interested if the OP isn't. Might be:)

Dee

no worries mate, if you anyone's interested drop me a PM and fire over any questions you may have :)

Dee

no worries mate, if you anyone's interested drop me a PM and fire over any questions you may have :)

can you drop me a PM with price please, dude?