StuBeeDoo

The "Stupidity" Thread

Thought I'd put this out there after an experience I had today.

Post your "I can't believe you just said that!" or "I can't believe you just did that!" stories here.  Doesn't have to be other people, post your own stupid stuff as well - come on, we all do it at times, don't we?

Here's one for starters.....  I work for the parts supply arm of a large car dealership group.  We aren't a dealership.  The nearest dealership to us was caught a few years ago selling numberplates without getting all the correct details from the buyer - they didn't realise they'd been selling to a bloke who was cloning cars.  The dealership got a hefty fine and the two people who were making the plates were very lucky not to lose their jobs.  Today my team leader, who is fully aware of the numberplate "affair", 'phoned the dealership and asked them to make a new front plate for his car.  He got very indignant when the lad on the other end asked if he was taking the piss.  Lad on other end explained, calmly, that times have changed and they can't just make plates willy-nilly anymore.  My team leader then starts to argue the toss and it all ends-up with him slamming the 'phone down.

I asked WTF he's playing at, asking the dealership to put their jobs on the line over a £5.00 number plate.  Answer?.......  "Well. it's f**king stupid!  They could do it for me, they're just being awkward."  He then 'phoned another dealership who gave him the same story.

So I said "Why not get a show plate off eBay, it's where I get mine from?"  Answer?.......  They're illegal, aren't they?  Dude, they're no more illegal than what you've just asked two dealerships to do.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Wow, that's one really thick fool you've just mentioned. :lol:

There are plenty more here that came from, Dude.  The amount of s**te he spouts is unbelievable. 

Sure does, Joe.  That was a good read! :lol:

You couldn't make it up could you?  Mind blown

That's the kind of stuff I'm hoping to get here.  :thumbsup:  Stuff that is so stupid no-one would make it up.

Wow, that's one really thick fool you've just mentioned. :lol:

There are plenty more here that came from, Dude.  The amount of s**te he spouts is unbelievable. 

Here's another of his, from a few weeks ago........

His 13y-o son texts him whinging that he's got a detention and can dad get him out of it because he didn't deserve it.  Dad 'phones school.  Person at school says something like "No, Mr.D, you haven't got all the facts, he was fighting another boy, the detention will stand.  In any case, how do you know about this?  It only happened 20mins ago."  Dad says "Our N sent me a text".  To which school person responds "Did he now, he's not supposed to have his 'phone on while within the confines of school" (or some similar wording) "We'll be having words about that as well, then!"

Honestly, this bloke must have spent the majority of his life with his foot in his mouth.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

One that I've been reminded of from a while ago, which isn't work-related.  TBH I'm not sure if this one belongs here or the rant thread.

My step-son and step-daughter, both early 20s at the time, when asked where they would like to be taken for their birthday meal (they share the same birthday, but 2 years apart) agreed on a certain all-you-can-eat-erie.  I wasn't entirely happy with their choice, but it's their birthday.......

When we get there, not only is there as much food on the floor as the counter, but when I go for a slash there's puke everywhere except the ceiling.  I complained to the duty manager who informed me that there had been a large party of children with only 2 adults in earlier, and the children had been having competitions to see who could make theirself puke the quickest.  When I asked if they were going to clean it up I was told "We're waiting for the cleaning contractors to get here, we're not doing that ourselves!".  So I told him we weren't stopping but I'd be back in an hour and if they were still open and cleaning wasn't in progress I'd be informing Environmental Health.  Needless to say that was actually a bluff, but as far as I'm aware none of my family have ever been back to any of this particular chain of "restaurant".

What kind of morons allow children to behave like that?  The adults deserve to be reported to Social Services for allowing it, and staff should have thrown them out before it got anywhere near that bad.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Great idea for a thread Stu, will be adding some of my own stories when I'm on a laptop. Can't type all that out on my phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same bloke from posts 1 & 6...........

Many years ago, someone (not me) called him "Dude".  .......And got the response;- "Don't call me Dude, it's childish!"

WTF?????

I like dude use it all the time even in the car when somebody does something stoopid "aww come on dude" !! :D

Yes I have calmed down a lot over the years.