hass0250

Looking for a Black bmw330cd msport

Found a bmw 330cd 06 plate mileage 125k

But the problems are as follows quoted by the seller

"when the clutch is half pressed it makes a rattling when fully pressed it goes away, and when driving along changing gear it doesn't rattle, the car drives perfect clutch is fine gets every gear no problem with no noises I have been told thrust bearing. Recent a Few times the traction control light has came on, couples times a week not sure why when lights out traction control is fine stops the car spinning back wheels no problem, I when lights on traction control is off"

The rattle sounds like flywheel and the traction light coming on every so often wil be a sensor, normally DSC sensor, so while the flywheel needs replacing its common sense to change the clutch aswel while it's all off.

oe clutch and flywheel fitted I'd say approx £900

DSC sensor £100 ish

it won't be the thrust bearing as that doesn't rattle when the clutch is half way in that will still make a noise when the clutch is fully out.

either or it's still going to cost a fair bit of money but any manual you buy could have this problem.

Edited by Damo88

deffo sounds like dmf,but i would suggest more like £700 for clutch,dmf kit fitted,depends on wheer you live though,£450 in parts and £200-£250 labour,my two indis who i go to charge £25-£30 per hour

Edited by rasa

that sounds cheap for luk clutch,last time i looked it was over £300 for the dmf.and £130 or more for clutch kit,although this was at buypartsbuy.yep its nearer £500 for the whole kit at ecp,sure its cheaper at buypartsbuy,just checked

Edited by rasa

1 hour ago, hass0250 said:

Only issue is that when booting it in high gears  rear rumble you have to drop it a gear and it goes away, seller said could be to the 240bhp remap?

could be dmf ,propshaft doughnut/bearings ,or is it an auto,and is it just the 184 bhp model with that remap.

It won't be because of the remap lol that's bull talk, it will more than likely be the diff and if so yes then yes very expensive 

diff,propshaft, propshaft bearing,DMF but that won't rumble from the rear

Edited by Damo88

I would say so yes it's the only thing that rumbles along with propshaft but if the propshaft rumbled it would do it all the time, 

you can't do it cheap, I believe it's in excess of £750 + for the diff

Probably just the noise it makes when you're over loading it, i've never put my foot flat down below 2-2.5k rpm in any gear, its not good for any of the drive line.

Glad you found one, it took me ages to find mine too, gave up on heated seats and HK for a 54k mile example, although its now got 88k on it! Keep getting tempted by the e90 335d's but really cant be chewed to sell mine at all!