lynch86

Anything good on the Telly?

Perhaps a thread for recommending any good TV you've been watching?

Jessica Jones, the new Marvel series is on Netflix. Very good, if you liked Daredevil you'll love it. If you've not seen Daredevil that's good too!

Also Rick and Morty is one of the funniest new shows I've seem since Archer, well worth a look.

I watch tons of TV!! lol

Currently got all these on the go:

Flash

Arrow

Agents Of Shield (It's getting less cheesy so I like it)

Gotham

Blacklist

Grimm

Manhattan (frikkin awesome!)

Homeland (not sure why.. It's pretty crap now)

Fargo (2nd season is brilliant, like the first unlike True Detective - 2nd season was absolute sh*te..)

The 100

Vikings

Power (probably one of the best gangster type TV shows i've seen for a long, long time!)

and for comedy..

TBBT

Last Man on Earth

Silicon Valley

Ballers

To name a few.. :P

Just watched NARCOS (Pablo Escobar)   very good

Love/Hate (Irish drug gang stuff)  It was on the telly a few years back but I missed it    Very very good.

Edited by The Laird

Nice, loads of stuff I've not watched!

If you can spoof your IP or use a VPN, There's a surprising amount of good stuff on German Netflix and lots of other foreign versions.

Most of what you'd want to watch on foreign Netflix is in English with softcoded subs, so you can just turn them off.

I've never watched very much TV.  Very occasionally a series appears which catches my attention.  The last one was "Unforgotten", but that wasn't as good as I hoped.  Most "must-see TV" becomes over-hyped "turn-off TV" for me.  People at work raved about "Game of Thrones" before it even started -  I didn't even get through the first episode without falling asleep..........

The first couple of series of "24" I enjoyed, but after the first couple of hours of series 3 I found it got boring.  I find that with a lot of series - instead of bringing it to a conclusion after maybe a couple of series, they drag it out faaaaaaaaarrr too long.  "Lost", for example. :rolleyes: 

Edited by StuBeeDoo

5 minutes ago, TriggerFish said:

I love luther. 

Why did Clara have to leave Dr who?! :(

Especially when Clara seemed to have a "growth spurt" in her last episode!

MAKING OF A MURDERER

Anyone else watched this on Netflix?

I started it last night and ended up watching 5 episodes, staying up until 3am, then got up today and finished it.

It's about a case in the US and potential miscarriages of justice, which I won't go into too much detail about, but it's absolutely compelling viewing if you like real life crime/courtroom stories.

Yeah, I thought it was awesome to watch. 

This is interesting though, and does cast some doubt over the (obvious) bias of the film. 

Either way, that Kratz guy was a douche. His pious voice was so annoying!