hh1

Can anyone shed some light on these android head units please?

Hi all,

I want to upgrade to an android head unit in my car, and im stuck between these two

Erisin 2046B

Xtrons unit

They both run android 4.4.4 and they SEEM to be the same unit, was wondering if anyone has one of these two and if they're the same/which one would be better? I used to have an MGZT and they use the same stuff and the dynavin was the one to have but this was a while ago and things have changed it seems

:)

I'm in the same predicament. I wouldn't mind a Dynavin - but these Android units seem to suit my needs a little better (I would like to have Spotify running on the HU itself rather than through my phone) amongst other things. At the moment it seems to be much of a muchness, though there are one or two members here who REALLY dislike the Chinese headunits.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on any of them yet but think I'm gonna go for that Erisin one, I'll probs do a video review or something as there isn't much on on them

Righto - I ordered one of the Pure Android units Chimp Choker recommended some time ago. It's a Rk3188 unit, so quad core, 1gb RAM, Android 4.4.4.

It has come with a very stock looking launcher rather than the one with the time or what's playing on the left hand side of the screen - in fact it looks like stock Android.

So far, I'm extremely pleasantly surprised. The sound quality from this unit is great - matches the Alpine unit it's replacing. Screen lovely and clear, nice and responsive. Everything works out of the box. 

I'm just converting my BMW aux cable to the phono cables supported by this unit, then got to locate and install a reversing camera + external mic for the bluetooth, but so far, so good.

Good news Pannic. I can say after seeing Chimps in the flesh it was an amazing unit. Sound was great and customization ability was very impressive. Even for a cheap Chinese unit [emoji6]

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

9 hours ago, Tewkes said:

Thanks buddy. What sorta offer are they likely to accept?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1, what did ya pay?

That looks the ideal unit for me also. 

Check if the unit is dual or quad core, there are also some higher resolution units out there. Some sellers don't know what they have.

Ask the seller for the mcu version and the rom version. Post or pm me and I'll advise.

I've had both the dual and quad core. The manufacturer is also developing an octa core based on the RK3368 running lollipop, I'll most likely get one of those as well

Sent from my LG-H815

3 hours ago, Chimp Choker said:

Check if the unit is dual or quad core, there are also some higher resolution units out there. Some sellers don't know what they have.

Ask the seller for the mcu version and the rom version. Post or pm me and I'll advise.

I've had both the dual and quad core. The manufacturer is also developing an octa core based on the RK3368 running lollipop, I'll most likely get one of those as well

Sent from my LG-H815

3 headunits?! :blink: Your dash is going to be pretty cluttered with all 3 :lol:

Tbh, they are all the same made out of the same factory.

I would ask the following

What's the mcu version?

How many firmware updates this year?

Why buy from you?

Sent from my LG-H815

So this morning this was their reply to me:

"Thank you for your email

MCU:MTCB-GS-V2.59 2015.06.16

Do not have the method for update now

There is no discount on the unit"

What ya think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, the mcu are not changeable between units ie you can only use a gs mcu on a gs unit.

Latest modded gs mcu in the following link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61291848&postcount=14139

As for rom, only difference is either dual core or quad core. Again I'd use malaysk rom based on dual or quad core as below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3590033

Please note though there are 2 resolutions 800 x 480 and 1024 x 600

How much is unit. I'd also confirm if it's dual core chipset rk3066 or quad core chipset rk3188

Sent from my LG-H815