Melv1958

Advise on upgrading speakers

Hi guys my speakers inside the car sound pants.

i don't want to spend a fortune on replacements but what's the better upgrade to standards to buy on a budget?

what watts rms are the standard rears and fronts?

Also is it the just 2 rear speakers in the rear shelf or are there more rear speakers?

lastly, if I was to amp the speakers up how Do I go about that wiring to amp?

need help please

Damo

Rears?  I put rainbow co-axials into my rears but they were a very tight fit.  I think you might have more options with a coupe but I'm not sure really.

Sorry I ment rears, you know any of the other questions I asked bud?

You can work out if there are speakers in the rear doors by looking for grilles and putting your ear to them with music playing.

I don't know how to wire in an amp sorry, I had a car audio place do mine.  If you have the BM54 amp there's a guy called Baris who can upgrade it to kick out more power which should make a noticeable difference, or you can fit an aftermarket head unit which will sounds even better and give you modern features like bluetooth, dab etc.

Thanks mate, yer I've got a Sony aftermarket already in as I ditched my nav system 

Wiring an amp is pretty simple. There are various ways of doing it and everyone likes their preferred method. For me, I tap into the factory wiring.

The power for the amp is direct from the battery, the remote is using the remote from your Sony headunit and the signal is from the RCA's from your headunit to your amp - easy peasy.

For wiring the speaker terminals to the front speakers.. Here's what I've done - 

Get yourself a spare aftermarket headunit wiring loom, workout which 4 wires are for the front speakers = FL+ FL- FR+ FR- 

Cut the wires and spring back the wire thats heading back through the loom and towards the speakers and solder and heatshrink on your speaker cable - carefully marking which is which. Then run the speaker wires back through the car and attach them to the amp speaker terminals = done! 

For the rears take out the side panels in the boot and wire them directly to the amp bypassing the factory wiring completely.