jcjdavis1

Steamed up windows

7 hours ago, 330CDT said:

Stupid question I know, but is the pollen filter hard to access / fit? 

Not at all..lift the bonnet and it's just two little spring screw clip things (push down and twist) located at the back of the engine on the scuttle panel :) 

I've replaced it with 2 from Eurocarparts and only the Bosch one fitted last time made a real difference. No leaks anywhere and door seals seem fine and with the Bosch one making a difference for some time I'm happy it's that.

I might try a genuine one. 

Kirkynut 

12 hours ago, jcjdavis1 said:

Hi. I use AC all the time, new pollen filter AC working better, clear windows.  Jim

Have you had the AC regassed and cleaned? Even with loads of moisture it should clear the windows in max 90sec..

Mine steams up badly if i'm in and out of the car when it's raining a lot so obviously introducing lots of moisture to the climate system.. Clears up nicely when AC is on.

Generally though i'm always cold so got it set to 32C most of the time.. That usually burns off any residual moisture left in the system.. :P My car usually smells like a tumble dryer after a long journey! lol

The manual even suggests a temperature for our comfort? Lol

Since this thread I've had a Bosch Carbon pollen filter and it seems to be working well. Noticeably less fog/steaming up on the windscreen. 

My rear window still steams up though... hmmm.