Melv1958

Diesel v power

Hi guys I know it's been talked about a lot but I've been filling up with v power diesel and I feel the car runs so much better, more responsive, I understand it's mapped etc

is it in my head? Also can the car be run on v power diesel all the time or is it harmful in anyway?

thanks

Edited by Damo88

Fair play, is it safe to use all the time? I was running Tesco normal diesel for ages and decided to start filling with v power and after a while I felt it was way more better.

ive heard there was cleaning agents in the v power so surely it's a better fuel to use?

I ALWAYS use the good stuff if i can & mine have been ok so far .....   I have also been trying out WYNNS CLEAN BURN additive & the car produces less black smoke lately so i think its helping in some way!?

So is it every 3rd tank as you don't want to pay the prices or becuase the fuel can harm the engine if used every single tank? 

I can can afford to use it every tank but don't want to risk harming anything is the fuel in the long run isn't good for it.

It's not the same as V Power Unleaded. Whereas that has a different octane rating etc, V Power Diesel only has cleaning agents. There is no performance benefit at all to running V Power Diesel all the time. It shouldn't affect MPG either, unless your fuel system was extremely dirty and the cleaning agents cleaned it out for you.

Does the terra clean clean out the full shi bang? Engine injectors the lot?

if I could save on paying fuel that will be great I just thought other than the cleaning agents that vpower diesel may increase slight performance

I used vpower pretty much exclusively for two years, no harm done, but I now alternate, think I'll do it every 3/4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only use V Power nitro diesel on every tank, the car runs well on it doesnt smoke etc ... so I wont change. Whilst there is no performance benefit you may notice your car behaves better - maybe pulls stronger when switching from supermarket fuel to v power or BP ultimate due to internal parts being cleaned. I havent had a terra clean done but I have had a carbon clean completed earlier this year, personally I do not like the terra clean process (as I have seen far more negative review than positive and no middle of the road). Carbon clean increased my mpg by a little not loads and from the videos I took that day it didnt clear that much rubbish out but compared to other BMW diesels on the day who had a carbon clean but they were running supermarket/ normal diesel exclusively whilst I run V Power - all i'll say is I had 5 black soot marks on my drive from their cars but not from mine. So ill stick with V Power diesel especially as the only give away that its a diesel is the down swept pipes and not thick plumes of black smoke on boost. 

Edited by Chrissyp83

On 12/15/2015, 9:51:54, R11CH said:

Had my 325ci terra cleaned, improved the mpg a fair bit all round, felt a little more responsive and smoother. Diesels respond better to the treatment but it only cost me £50 so thought why not. 

We noticed far more benefit on my leon cupra (petrol) than on my 330d

Just to add there isnt really ever a right or wrong answer to this - its down to what people feel best by, my father in law only uses supermarket diesel in his insignia - but he does 35-40k a year so dont think he is too bothered about cleaning agents as he does long run after long run and basically less than 10% urban driving however I feel his insignia is sluggish compared to what it used to be BUT then that might be im getting out of a 3.0 diesel and into a 2.0 diesel - I dunno??? But if you asked 100 different people about which fuel they use and why - you will probably get 100 different answers/ reasons??? I like it, i can afford to use it, I wont change, when it got up to £1.50 a litre I did then start to question its use BUT continued regardless ...

Edited by Chrissyp83

1 hour ago, Chrissyp83 said:

We noticed finr more benefit on my leon cupra (petrol) than my 330d

Think It would mainly come down to how the car has been previously used, mine has lived on the motorway most Its life so no short journeys and Its been used, not sat doing 30 everywhere In 5th gear.

I use v power but found the biggest improvement on my high mileage 330 came from using dipthane it can be used on petrol or diesel mines a petrol,I kept using it until no further improvement was noticeable ie 2 bottles, at first treatment the car behaved strangely but soon clears and runs very well now on normal fuel it seems to work by making the fuel burn hotter to remove carbon and other deposits

1 hour ago, Chrissyp83 said:

We noticed far more benefit on my leon cupra (petrol) than on my 330d

That's because VPower petrol is higher octane among other things.. VPower diesel is not a richer fuel - it's normal diesel with detergents and cleaners.

VPower is just a brand name.

1 hour ago, momo said:

That's because VPower petrol is higher octane among other things.. VPower diesel is not a richer fuel - it's normal diesel with detergents and cleaners.

VPower is just a brand name.

I think he was talking about the Terraclean :)

On 12/15/2015 1:32:18, dontpannic said:

It's not the same as V Power Unleaded. Whereas that has a different octane rating etc, V Power Diesel only has cleaning agents. There is no performance benefit at all to running V Power Diesel all the time. It shouldn't affect MPG either, unless your fuel system was extremely dirty and the cleaning agents cleaned it out for you.

Pretty sure the v power diesel has a higher cetane rating aswell as the cleaning agents. Could be wrong though.