Thurlow99

Can any one help me, just don't know what I've got !

Hi everyone, I've acquired a Samsung galaxy tab2 for peanuts and am looking into doing an installation in my dash board.

I'm no sparky and the plan is to keep it real simple, double din plate, cable ties and glue gun, set the tablet to turn on automatically with power going in, splice the power in off the old head units feed.

Take the front of the old head unit off and push it as far back as possible then... And this is where I'm struggling:

the plan is to leave the old de-headed head unit in situ, takeover the CD multichanger wires and root them to a normal headphone jack, plug that into the tablet and providing the original head unit was left on CD, I should even still have volume controls on the steering wheel.

simple hey!!

my question is... 

As my head unit is a single front loading CD player will I still have the multichanger port on the back of it.. Need this port to plug in my after market wire...

il post a pic of the port I need, just wondered if anyone could tell me if its there or not, save me a load of pain and hassle taking the stereo out for no reason 

if you are still with me I salute you

Edited by Thurlow99

I can supply a male version of that plug to 3.5mm if that helps? I can also supply a small module to emulate a cd changer. Currently in production in Chicago actually so due here in a week or two I hope depending on crimbo delay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Rory, im now instantly stumped lol

So i could plug into that rear port as it is physically there but the software on my head unit has no provision for a boot changer so I cant trick the stereo into thinking the galaxy tab is said changer.

Is there anything I could do with a male version of the 3.5 or is my cheap and simple install simply imposible?

Highest regards

Thurlow

Edited by Thurlow99

Hi guys, sorry to keep droning on about this install, just need a tad more advice, took my CD player out and it was manafactured in...

August 2002

yep I rock, so, I was going to buy a second hand newer one but this whole install is supposed to be a cheap experiment and the 2nd handers are hitting 40quid on eBay..

My next brain wave...

Does the September 2002 cut off apply to front loading tape players too? My thought was that surely all cassette players would have software provision for the multi changer that's stored in the boot.. Therefore my aux to 3.5 jack should still work?

if anyone could enlighten me id be very grateful

regards Thurlow