Thundercat

Touring Rear Demister

Alright guys,

I don't think my demister is working, and if it is it is working poorly. When i switch it on and off there are audible clicks so the switch is attempting to do its job, but i cant honestly say ive noticed much happening.

Any ideas? No codes come up but then i suppose they wouldn't for that. Thanks

It's probably one of two things. Either the cables in the rubber trunking (between the body and the tailgate) have broken, or more likely, the rubber seal has rubbed through the heating elements, and broken the circuit. If you open the glass hatch (not the complete tailgate), you can usually see burn marks on the rubber seal, and corresponding damage on the window glass/heating element.

ian.

12 hours ago, ian332isport said:

It's probably one of two things. Either the cables in the rubber trunking (between the body and the tailgate) have broken, or more likely, the rubber seal has rubbed through the heating elements, and broken the circuit. If you open the glass hatch (not the complete tailgate), you can usually see burn marks on the rubber seal, and corresponding damage on the window glass/heating element.

ian.

Correct. Didnt think to check this because i thought the elements would be embedded. Is there a fix?