Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Business nav removal and upgrade

Hi all, wondering if anyone can shed some light on this, been searching for hours but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I have nav in my my2000 320d touring, it isn't working the screen is lit but blank and I'm pretty sure I have a dead mk3 nav control unit. So I thought no problem pull the head unit and throw the Sony I have in.

Ah, theres no Iso connections or antenna, I figured it was in the boot so pulled the nav unit out and found thesead4802d5ffbf476c2231eeda44f6d041.jpg

Can't find a loom that works with this anywhere, doesn't have to be this 5m one that people talk about (that I can't find either) as I'm planning on doing a tablet install anyway using Bluetooth audio so the head unit can stay in the boot!

Cheers, Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have any ideas? I'm all out been searching for hours now, drawing blanks. Any help would be appreciated! :)

You'll need a 5m fakra cable as below.

http://www.dynavinamerica.com/5M-FAKRA

You'll also most likely need to modify the wiring for +12v and acc 12v. You also need a 40pin to iso loom to add your Sony and the single din trim

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=350553549697&alt=web

Sent from my LG-H815

Think I've pretty much got it covered now, ripped the car apart and found I have the round pin style iso lead into the stereo unit under the boot floor.

Popped down to the local halfrauds and got one and 4 6m runs of speaker cable and extended the speaker cables. Found power ign live and Earth at the front and just need a antenna extension now to complete.4af8e3942fffaca3e9995b1612ab905a.jpg

I am stuck on one bit though, do I need to connect the antenna wire (blue) to the head unit or just any switched live? As you can see I had to cut it to extend the loom

Again from memory, iirc the blue wire may be needed to feed the on board amp trigger, if not needed you should be ok

Sent from my LG-H815

All in and working now, but poor signal so may need to connect the blue wire somehow, am I correct in thinking I can just connect straight to the signal amp on the antenna at one point?