JackE46

coupe rear quarter panel rust

picked up my car a couple of weeks ago knowing it had a small rust bubble on the rear quarter panel on one side and a few bubbles hiding on the inner side on the other, I had read online about a 12 year corrosion warranty and want to know a bit of information on this, in 6 months time my car will no longer be covered under this so want to try get it in before it runs out just need to know how to go about it, thanks.

Ring your local bmw make an appointment they'll inspect it photograph it and send it to hq, then get in touch with you as to wether or not they do it under warranty. Fingers crossed for you

I think they'll only honour it if has rusted from underneath the paint though so if its a scuff etc thats gone rusty you wont have a chance mate, read up on it before you go mate so your fully armed and they dont fob you off

just been to BMW today they checked paint depth to see if it has had any work done before and they said not. everything's been sent off to BMW now I just have to wait about 6+ weeks to find out, cheers for the help calw123

Great news mate keep us informed on any progress i'm in on the 16th to have my bootfloor/subframe check for cracking to so fingers crossed

I've taken mine to stratstone bmw chesterfield today for a rear subframe inspection and ian burgees bodyshop manager noticed a small rust bubble on the arch he was mega helpful he's submitted the evidence and reckons with how immaculate the car is it'll easily get approved fingers crossed :D

that's good news I took mine to BMW Lloyd in colne, still waiting to hear back, the fella in the body shop said I'd be lucky to hear back from BMW within 6 weeks said they're very slow with things like that, in the meantime I'm trying to get myself some new front wings as mine have been done before meaning BMW won't do them

I had some body work done under warranty a few months ago, the whole process took three weeks from when I first went in for the initial inspection.

Yeah ian burgees says the guy who approves the work is right on point atm he says i should know in a week, i totted it up last night though and they'll be paint just about half the car :D

do they give you a car whilst yours is having work done? I'd need one to drive the 10 miles a day to work, however I'm only 20 so concerned I might not get one due to my age

The majority of stories i've read they give you one but u may have to insist/push/stamp feet though.

I'm hoping i get one i hate not havin a car :(

When I got warranty bodywork done on mine you could get one at £10 per day up to max payment of £60. New bmw.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Well i have handed back the courtesy car this evening and got my bm back on initial inspection they've made a great job i got both rear quarters front wings boot and driver sill all on warranty :) i dropped the car off last monday and collected today so quick enough for me

Mines going in on friday whilst the air bag module recall is being carried out. Got my fingers crossed! Did you have any hassle getting the work done from the dealer?

16 hours ago, calw123 said:

I would be hounding them by now mate

who would you be contacting? the BMW dealership I went into? the fella from the body shop said I'd be lucky to hear from BMW within 4 weeks